I.M.V. ARAGON - DataNet Forum Index I.M.V. ARAGON - DataNet
A Traveller Role Playing Game Campaign

HomeHome  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chief Gunner/Security Officer David "Harpo" Harper

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    I.M.V. ARAGON - DataNet Forum Index » Crew Manifest (PCs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Chief Gunner/Security Officer David "Harpo" Harper Reply with quote

Chief Gunner and Security Officer David Harper

Played by: Edr1

Str: 8
Dex: 10
End: 10
Int: 11
Edu: 9
Soc: 7
Cha: 8

Race: Imperial Human

Homeworld: Efate / Regina (SM-1705)

Service: Imperial Marines
Branch: Infantry / Commandos
Terms: 4
College: None
Special Assignments: Commando School
Awards: Combat Ribbon x7; MCUF x3; MCG x1

Skills:

Combat Rifleman – 2
Energy Weapons – 1
Computer – 2
Grav. Vehicle – 1
Wheeled Vehicle – 1
Grenade Launcher – 2
Turret Weapons – 2
Battle Dress – 2
Mechanical – 1
Recon – 1
Handgun-1
Brawling-2
Gambling-1

Licenses and Certificates:

(1) Able Spacehand – Unrated License – Z Card
(2) Ship’s Gunner Certificate

Other notes:

Served 5 year prison sentence in Imperial Military Prison on Celepina/Rhylanor (SM-2913)

Character Intro / Background:

David Harper was born on a pleasant, settled world, to nice, normal parents who provided an agreeable childhood. By high school, he was good student and a good athlete with passable good looks who everyone expected to become a sensible college student and then a lawyer or accountant or some such. But, David was bored and on graduation he walked out and enlisted in the Marines.

He was so taken with it that he volunteered for the commando’s first chance he had. The Marines were also enamored with him, as he rose to the rank of Sergeant Major by the age of 31. The enthusiasm, and hard work, of the young man was noticed by many, including now Fleet Admiral Solomon Bart who did his best to get the young Marine assigned to his ships as often as possible.

On the flip side was Philippe Martinez, who is the grandson of Ernesto Martinez. Ernesto led his family to wealth on the interstellar stage primarily trading wines, ports, brandies, and other such products grown on their family vineyard and home world. It was decided that it was time to place one of the family into a position of power in the military.

Philippe was chosen to some extent because he was felt to be unsuited for most other tasks. Unfortunately, he was also unsuited for this and became a poster child for the spoiled, rich kid abusing his position and power. He sought out qualified lesser ranked personnel and dumped all the work and danger on them while he made sure to collect all of the glory for any success while passing down the blame of any failure. Philippe also pushed for the easiest duties he could find, police duties being a favorite.

Philippe sought out Harper as often as possible.

One day, Philippe disappeared from base, again. Harper went out with two young privates to retrieve him, presumably from indulging in one or more of his unsavory vices, as had happened many times before. This time, Harper finally tracked Philippe down to a single family residence in the poorer section of town. Leaving the privates outside, Harper proceeded inside alone. The privates later reported that, after waiting a few minutes, they heard the Sgt. Major yelling and then the sounds of a beating. Not a fight, a beating. This went on for several minutes, until Philippe exited the building though the front window, bleeding profusely and with multiple broken bones and internal injuries.

Harper came out the front door, fire in his eyes and blood on his hands. After looking things over, he ordered the privates to carry Philippe back to the base. Harper proceeded back inside and later that night the building burnt to the ground with the father, mother, and three young daughters still inside. The fire was ruled to be due to an electrical defect.

Harper was placed up on charges of attempted murder of a superior officer. Harper stated that he would give a full confession of his crime but only in the presence of the three officers of the Courts Martial Board and with no one else present. The confession was marked top secret and his communicator, with photographic capability, was similarly secreted away. Harper’s charges were reduced to striking a superior officer, and he was given the minimum sentence of five years in an Imperial Military Prison.

One member of the Board purchased Harper a High Passage so that he could go wherever he wanted after his imprisonment. Another "interested party", tracked his imprisonment and, upon his release, paid for his transport to Rhylanor, with the purpose of getting him employed. Also, Admiral Bart bought him a membership to the Traveler’s Aid Society (TAS). As for Philippe... well, he could never get medically re-certified as fit for duty and was mustered out of service.

Last edited by Coinich on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 9 times in total
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Shipboard Licensing and Certification Reply with quote

Ship's Gunner

Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Traveller's Aid Society (TAS) Activation Reply with quote

X-BOAT MESSAGE: PRIORITY = NORMAL

ISS-ZYUK RULYKPR003 161846-CCCC-RULYSUU
ZNY-CCCCC
DATE: 001-1115
FM TAS OFFICE, RHYLANOR / RHYLANOR
TO STGMAJ DAVID HARPER, I.M. RET. - ABOARD I.M.V. ARGENT MISTRESS (POROZLO / RHYLANOR)

** X-BOAT MESSAGE: PRIORITY = NORMAL **

BEGIN MESSAGE

SUBJ: TRAVELERS AID SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP ACTIVATION

A. INCOORD MSG 001-1115:1600
B. COMINPERSRHYLANOR MSG 321-1114:0100

1. PASS TO SERGEANT MAJOR HARPER, I.M.V. ARGENT MISTRESS.

2. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE ACTIVATION OF YOUR LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD WITH THE TRAVELERS AID SOCIETY, LIC. YOUR MEMBERSHIP USHERS YOU INTO AN ELITE FRATERNITY FEW EVERY REACH IN THEIR LIFETIMES, AND SPEAK VOLUMES ABOUT YOUR CAREER IN THE IMPERIAL MARINES. YOU SHOULD BE JUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS AFTER A LONG AND DISTINGUISHED CAREER.

3. PER REFERENCES (A) AND (B), YOU ARE WELCOME TO VISIT ANY TAS FACILITY ON ANY SYSTEM AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FULL ARRAY OF SERVICES OFFERED. OUR HOSTS ON EACH SYSTEM WOULD BE HAPPY TO AVAIL THEMSELVES TO YOU AND OFFER YOU ANY MEASURE OF ASSISTANCE WE CAN PROVIDE.

4. ADDITIONALLY, YOUR ACTIVATION BRINGS WITH IT A BI-MONTHLY ENTITLEMENT TO ONE FREE HIGH PASSAGE TICKET ABOARD ANY REGULAR TRANSPORT. THE VALUE OF WHICH IS $10,000. UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED, BECAUSE YOUR HOME ADDRESS INDICATES YOU LIVE ABOARD THE ARGENT MISTRESS, THIS PASSAGE WILL BE PAID TO YOU IN THE FORM OF CASH TO YOUR ACCOUNT WHICH WILL ALLOW YOU THE FLEXIBILITY OF SELECTING THE APPROPRIATE TIME/NEED OF THE TRAVEL, AND THE USE OF THE ENTITLEMENT.

5. AGAIN, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ACTIVATION, AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU FOR A LONG TIME TO COME. WELCOME ABOARD.

END MESSAGE

I. M. IMPORTANT, TAS OFFICE, RHYLANOR / RHYLANOR SENDS
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Identification Cards Reply with quote

Harper is holding the following identification cards:

Discharged Imperial Marine Sergeant Major I.D. Card

Traveller's Aid Society Membership Card

Qualification as Ship's Gunner Card

Grav Vehicle Drivers License

Wheeled Vehicle Drivers License

Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Surety Recovery Agent (Bounty Hunter) Certification Reply with quote

Harper's certificate of registry as a Bounty Hunter

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    I.M.V. ARAGON - DataNet Forum Index » Crew Manifest (PCs) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: