I.M.V. ARAGON - DataNet Forum Index I.M.V. ARAGON - DataNet
A Traveller Role Playing Game Campaign

HomeHome  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Field Guide for characters to use the drug NZT-48

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    I.M.V. ARAGON - DataNet Forum Index Coinich's "House Rules"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Field Guide for characters to use the drug NZT-48 Reply with quote

FIELD GUIDE FOR CHARACTERS WHO ARE ON A REGIMEN OF THE DRUG NZT-48

This document is produced to outline the game “Rules to live by” for characters who have chosen to use the in-game drug NZT-48 produced by SuSAG.

“NZT-48 is a class of psychotropic medication that merges various features of DNRI’s, NaSSA’s and SSRI’s. It maintains higher levels of 5-HT in the synapse while increasing norepinephrine and serotonin neurotransmission by blocking presynaptic alpha-2 adrenergic receptors, while at the same time blocking certain serotonin receptors.

Use of the NZT drug significantly improves both short-term and long-term memory, memory capacity, and the analytical purposing of memory. It can also improve higher brain function, hand-eye coordination, muscle memory and even the body’s immune system.”
- SuSAG Drug Information Sheet, NZT-48

Who can take NZT: A character who has scores of 8+ in STR, DEX and END is considered a candidate who is physically fit enough to begin an NZT regimen.

What happens when I take NZT: Feelings of euphoria begin with 30 to 60 seconds of taking. Significant speed and capacity of memory is experienced usually within the first 24 hours. Characters may have longer periods of physical activity with greater efficacy. They feel stronger, faster and more focused. In-game, this translates to all primary physical statistics being elevated to a score of 15, (i.e. STR, DEX, END) within 60 seconds. Another benefit, received within the initial 60 seconds, is to have all of the character’s skills doubled immediately. Over the next few hours, the INT and EDU increase to a score of 15 at a rate of 1 point each, every two hours.

Are there any other benefits: The character on NZT, longer than seven days, may make one roll on the following table to see if there are any other noticeable psychophysical improvements. That effect will remain with them for the duration of time they are actively on the maintenance regimen. Once the character stops taking NZT the effect will go away immediately.

Additional Psychophysical improvements table: (Roll 1d6)
1 - Improved Creativity (Equivalent of Artisan-2 skill)
2 - Improved Sense of Taste
3 - Improved Hearing
4 - Improved Sense of Smell
5 - Improved Vision
6 - Improved Cognitive skill (Equivalent of Mechanical-2 or Electronics-2 (Char choice))

What is this regimen thing?: “Once you have started taking NZT, it is vitally important that you finish the regimen - or proceed from your initial regimen of NZT into a ‘maintenance’ regimen. While virtually all users of NZT report experiencing no side effects, those discontinuing use of NZT have reported myriad side effects as a part of their withdrawal if they discontinued it’s use within the first seven days.” - SuSAG Drug Information Sheet, NZT-48

The character, once they have consumed their first pill, MUST take one whole pill each day for seven full days in order to benefit from score / trait improvements without any withdrawal. A character who takes NZT beyond the initial 7-day regimen must consume at least a half-pill per day to be considered on the maintenance regimen. Once any part of the regimen is stopped - at any point - ALL BENEFITS cease immediately, (i.e. at the end of the day).

(i.e. Miranda takes one pill per day for seven days. She feels the physical effects immediately and sees improved cognitive effects within 24 hours. After completing the initial regimen, she begins consuming a half pill per day for maintenance, but fails to take a pill after the 11th day. She would immediately lose all benefits and she will have consumed 9 pills in an 11 day period, (7 pills for initial regimen and 4 days x ½ pills for maintenance for a total of 9.))

Failure to complete the initial 7-day regimen: “Users who did not complete their initial NZT regimen, or who missed a dose, or who chose to discontinue use of NZT reported significant withdrawal symptoms.” - SuSAG Drug Information Sheet, NZT-48

A character to fails to complete the full 7-day initial use regimen will need to roll to see just how significant the side effects are for them.

When stopping use of NZT within 7 days of beginning regimen, roll 1d6 / 2 to determine how many rolls will be made on the withdrawal symptoms table, rounding up. The duration of each effect, and how they play out is at the discretion of the Referee.

Withdrawal Symptoms Table: (Roll 2d6)
2 - Psychosis (thought and emotions so impaired that contact is lost with reality)
3 - Extreme Paranoia
4 - Homicidal Feelings
5 - Chronic Blackouts
6 - Difficulty Sleeping (Insomnia)
7 - Extreme Thirst and Hunger
8 - Extreme Back Pain
9 - Feelings of Limited Self Worth
10 - Chronic Vomiting
11 - Acute Sensitivity to Light and Sound
12 - Organ Failure

Referee Information: This drug is EXTREMELY POWERFUL and, in my Traveller universe, it is still under development and is NOT available for purchase ANYWHERE. However the player “acquires” the drug, it is strongly recommended the Referee not give access to large quantities, as it makes characters significantly overpowered. It is recommended the Referee consider allowing the character to roll 6d6+7, and the total is the amount the character has acquired for use (i.e. anywhere between 13 and 43 pills).

“SuSAG is a pharmaceutical company committed to helping people improve their lives by discovering and developing incredible new drugs such as NZT. Please consult your physician or other qualified healthcare professional before using NZT. Results may vary. Your results may not be typical.” - SuSAG Drug Information Sheet, NZT-48

NZT-48 and all other names, likenesses, iterations etc., are the rightful property and ownership of it’s creator: Alan Glynn.[/u]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    I.M.V. ARAGON - DataNet Forum Index Coinich's "House Rules" All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: