I.M.V. ARAGON - DataNet Forum Index I.M.V. ARAGON - DataNet
A Traveller Role Playing Game Campaign

HomeHome  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(Play-By-Posting) Events on Rhylanor (SM-2716) on 170-1115

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    I.M.V. ARAGON - DataNet Forum Index Business Dealings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: (Play-By-Posting) Events on Rhylanor (SM-2716) on 170-1115 Reply with quote

All I can say is… WOW! what a session.

GM NOTE: In order to maintain chronological order, I will be locking this thread until after the following postings have been made:

- C.J. speaks with Amp.
- Doc and Mac talk
- Mac and Ski talk
- Mac and Danni talk.

These four postings will complete the day of the “firing”. There are two other postings after that, for the next day, that I will be expecting.

- Amp and Ski talk
- Amp and Mac talk

I will be opening up the boards after the first four items are posted, but will be keeping a tight rein on the chronology, since that is of importance.

I will solicit postings for certain time periods. I would ask that if you have something to post for a particular time, prepare the post text on your own and save it, that way you can post it immediately after I ask for them. Of even more help would be you letting me know via email, PM or phone call that you have something you intend to do during a specific time period.

Hope that makes sense.

--- --- --- --- ---

OK, we rejoin our intrepid adventurers having just been informed they have lost their employment with Andromeda, and by extension Gemstar. The ship is being returned to Andromeda, and Father Sarducci was far from pleased about the situation. Amp has made his payments of bonus etc., to the crew and everyone is dispersing.

C.J. says to Amp. "Hey Colonel. Can I talk to you for a minute."

-----------------------------------
I will make the first four postings after this, and then I’ll post when this thread is open as well.
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a coordinated post between DocMatthew and Scruffy70:

GM EDIT: Time of day at this point is approximately 1:00pm

As the meeting breaks up, CJ will approach Amp and say, “Let’s go to your cabin and talk.”

“Going to Metz right now is a mistake. At the first hint of trouble from the brotherhood and we may have to add SuSAG to the list of people going after us.”

I agree completely CJ, but please go on.

“I think you need to address you and Harper’s problems. Grampa used to say, never let an enemy live long enough to outplan you. By ignoring your problems is just giving the enemy time to regroup and formulate a better plan of attack then the one they just used.”

“That idea has been bouncing around in my head now since I left Sarducci’s office. I have a few ideas but we will need some equipment, since we lost ours and a getaway ship definitely for what I have in mind.” <Amp’s mind wanders and plans as he is listening to CJ>

“My first destination would be Garrinski to have a talk with Colonel Rodriguez. Either to get intel or to get other assistance.”

“Funny you should say that CJ. I was wondering what you would say to going back to Seamus and getting him to front us a ship. I know he trusts me and Harpo mostly due to our backgrounds and might possibly find our extra curricular activities a benefit one day. I believe that any ship acquired by us from him with be mutually beneficial to us all. We could probably help him move certain items and cargo and also pay a monthly lease on the ship from our own endeavors. I know I can count on Harpo and I hope I can win back Mac and Ski. So what do you say or think?”

CJ will hesitate, then look at the ground for a couple of seconds and then look at Amp and say, “Look, you stood by me as I walked into Rodriguez’ home base. You did not know what kind of reception we would get yet you went with me. Then you helped pay my debt. I don’t forget actions like that. Those are the actions of a real man. No matter the s**t that we are about to enter, I’m with you.”

Amp will grin from ear to ear!! “Nice to have you aboard again CJ and regardless of our future together it has been my pleasure having met you, in more ways than you know.” <Amp will step back slowly and reach up touching his tattoo that CJ recently created> Amp will then look directly into CJ’s eyes.

CJ reaches out to put her hand on Amp’s arm and say, “Look, I don’t know what’s going to happen between the two of us, but I am not ready to leave that behind.”

Amp says “ nor I “. Amp will reposition his hand to cover CJ’s. He will then take CJ’s face in my hands and kiss her saying “ Thank you for everything “. Amp will then step back and say “Let’s get out of this mess we are in and then we shall throughly see what our future holds together.”

“You got it, Colonel.” CJ will head to her cabin to begin packing.

Last edited by Coinich on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a coordinated post between Doc Matthew and LukeDev75

GM EDIT: Time of day at this point is approximately 1:05 pm

As the meeting where AMP announces we are “abandoning” the Argent Mistress with the intent to return to Resten and meet with Count Lucius Metz, Mac begins to exit the upper lounge.

“Mac, mind if we have a word?” Doc asks, following Mac.

Turning toward Doc, “We can have a word, or two for that matter, ‘long as you don’t mind walking and talking.”

Doc agrees as they head aft to engineering. Upon arriving in the space, Mac begins collecting and packing his belongings.

Doc starts, “So, what are you going to do now?”

“Now – how?” Comes Mac’s smartass answer.

“Cut the crap Mac. What do you plan to do now? Right now, you are in a state of flux. Nothing is solid, yet. Are you thinking it is a good idea for you to travel back to Resten in the hopes you get a job? You still think the best you can do is follow AMP from subsector to subsector, until you make your first mistake and he either fires you or you punch him out? It’s time to start making, big boy decisions. What are you going to do with your life boy?”

“Figure we’re headed to Resten and this Doctor Metz-a-wets, whatever, and land a job with a mega-corp.”

Doc looks Mac in the eyes and asks with concern in his voice, “Is that best for you?”

“A job is best for me dude.”

Nodding his head negatively, as Mac does not get what Doc is asking, Doc reaches out his hand and holds Mac’s shoulder as he continues, “What are you doing with your life son? Don’t you want a little more?”

“Well you know, when Ski and I were trooping about we discussed . . . okay, theorized the possibility of getting our own boat. We figured, a pilot – an engineer and the two of us could run a 100 ton Suleiman if you will.”

“How you gonna make any money? You really want Ski doing your books?” Doc’s face contorted at the distaste of the concept.

Mac pauses his packing as he tries unsuccessfully to envision Ski keeping a ledger. “Yeah well, with my experience, you know, I could manage it as a Seeker.”

“Okay, probably you could. But . . .”

Mac rolls his eyes.

"But, is that what you really want to do – again – be a belter? ‘Cause with a Seeker you are going to be prospecting the sector with no assurances of a steady paycheck. Having to do all the work and all the admin, I am sure the hours would be wonderful. Bet you can get all those bike trips in you’re planning on.” Doc pauses as it sinks in for Mac, then adding, “How’d the prospecting work out for your dad? Or your uncle? I seem to have forgotten what you told me.”

Mac’s face flushes noticeably, “You know you ain’t making this easy.”

“Never said I would.”

“Well – how ‘bout Cee Jay? Bet she could do the admin s**t and get us in the black.”

“I suppose, but I don’t know this Cee Jay girl very well. What kind of experience does she have? What has she demonstrated she can do for you in the two months or so she’s been aboard? I see a lost girl trying to find her way through the ‘verse – maybe not unlike yourself. But really, even if she could, she wouldn’t help you much.”

Mac stops and stares at Doc, hands gesturing for Doc to continue, “Okay, okay . . . and why not?”

“Say she has got her s**t together and the three of you grab a decent deal on a 100 ton Seeker, a ship requiring only a crew of two.” Doc says with a smile.

“And?”

“And then you have three salaries and a payment, not the most profitable 100 tonner I would figure.”

Mac flaps his arms in mock defeat, “So I am sure you’ve got a better idea Doctor Duke – so go ahead.”

“You know what I am going to say. This time is different because you are here and free, There are no more ties to your way of life. It’s time to move forward. You would do yourself the best service staying here on Rhylanor, enrolling at R.I.T. and taking true ownership of your Graviton.”

“Ownership? I named it the Aragon Graviton Gimbal, after the guy with the idea – Duke Aragon! And that be you.”

“The concept or idea for bringing water to those that need it was very well my idea. BUT! The man who figured out how to make an idea work – something I had no clue about – was you. Yes, there are those who will say I “own” the idea or the project but only you can truly make it yours.”

Puzzled look on his face, Mac says, “I don’t get it.”

“See, I am a Duke because somewhere on some holo-chip it says I am a Duke. I can hang a parchment on the wall to impress visitors. I am licensed Royalty, so to speak. You – you’re a nobody.” Mac bristles a little, but Doc continues. “You will always just be the guy who tinkered with some gimbal-thingy on a hanger deck somewhere and let the royals and the mega-corporations own a new and, how do you say, cool device. But if that same jack mechanic were to be a degreed engineer from one of the most prestigious technology institutes in the Spinward Marches, well then, that man would be the owner.” Pausing slightly Doc closes on Mac extending his arm and poking him in the chest and in rhythm {insert best Samuel L. Jackson voice}. “Ask yourself; do – you – want – to – be – that – man?!”

Mac looks down at his chest then back at Doc a few times.

Doc says, “Too much drama?”

“Slightly.”

“But you get me now?”

“Yeah, I get it.”

Doc changes his tone, “Let me ask you this. How did it feel to be requested to have dinner with Count Metz because of your idea? How would it feel to be requested to go to various systems, talk with the highest people and work out ways to solve their problems and make boatloads of money along the way?”

“Felt like an idiot, honestly. The boatload of money sounds nice, but you really think I am cut out for those fancy-pantsy meetings? Not my upbringing ya know.”

“Yet when you wanted to, you did it with extreme professionalism and style. The only thing that you are missing is the self-confidence and the drive to be the man in front of the idea.”

Mac smiles with a little pride. “I suppose.”

“As a student here at the university, you will have time off for rides. You’ll have the summers to work with various corps and have time for rides on those planets. Let’s not forget all the women. As a matter of fact the only drawback I fear, is that some idiot professor will piss you off enough for you to hit him.”

“Probably.” with a slight grin.

“You don’t have much time to debate this opportunity. What’s it going to be son?”

“Not sure yet.” Mac goes back to packing. “I have to meet with Ski a little later. After I figure what he wants, I’ll let you know.”

“Don’t worry about Ski too much Mac; you gotta do your own thing. I am sure Ski will land on his feet. Besides if things go my way I may have a spot for him as well”

Last edited by Coinich on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since others wish to have conversations immediately following their...er... termination of employment, I have the following events that I will be posting in the following order.

Tuday, 170-1115:

Immediately after the meeting breaks - before everyone leaves the ship:

- C.J. speaks with Amp. (ALREADY UP)
- Doc and Mac talk (ALREADY UP)
- Harper and Mac talk
- Doc and Ski talk
- Mac leaves the ship
- Harper and Amp talk
- Doc and Amp talk

Later in the afternoon:

- Mac and Ski talk

Later in the evening:

- Mac and Danni talk.

Next day: Thirday, 171-1115:

- Amp and Ski talk
- Amp and Mac talk

If I currently don't have the text of the joint posting, then I will be putting a placeholder instead and we will modify the placeholder with the actual text upon receipt.
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a joint post between Edr1 and LukeDev75.

Approximate time of day 12:55pm

Hearing the commotion of Amp returning to the ship, Harper raised his head off the pillow and listened through the fuzz in his head. Nudging the body next to him with a, "Sorry darlen', time for me to start earnen my keep," Harper lifted himself from the sheets, pulled some clothing he thought was his onto his frame, and dragged himself out the door and toward the sound of the group. What Amp was saying finally began to sink in and caused Harper to stop and listen. Gave back the ship, Sarducci unhappy, attempt to kill them on landing, packing up and leaving! While this was all sinking in, Amp broke the meeting and sent everyone on their way. With the thought of packing stuck in his still murky brain, Harper headed toward his room and began loading the draws of his room into a duffel bag. The thought, "Gotta pack the arms next,” was immediately followed by, "Dang! I gotta pack the good stuff! Mac, he'll be some help."

Approximate time 1:15pm

With that, Harper headed back towards engineering, pausing by Mac's cabin upon hearing the thumping inside as he passed. Giving a, "Hey Mac," a quick rap on the already open door, Harper peeked in, finding Mac shoulders deep in a floor panel. "Good spot," he commented before continuing, "Mac, I believe I need a mite of help.”

"What else is new?" interrupted Mac.

"I mean with my 'special' cargo and getten' it of'en the ship. Think your boys be able ta lend me a hand with it? I'd be right appreciative. Sides, it might be right important for all of us. Dependen' on how things go, might be we both need that gear right soon. I don't care what the boss thinks, we need to start whatever we're gonna be doen NOW. I don't rightly see us haven' a later."

Mac replied, "I’m making arrangements before I split, figure 2k is a good amount for ‘secure’ cargo handling, tip them appropriately. Oh, yeah, I need my piece back and at least a box, if you don’t mind"

Beginning to back out, Harper said, "Stop by when you want it. I'll have it, and the spare ammo, ready to go. Ya know Mac, I can see me needed someone with your skills in order to reorganize this situation. If ya be willen', I'd be right appreciative if ya'll ud stay close to your phone. Things might move right quick. An' keep an eye on your back. Let me go find the Boss right now."

“Yeah, I will be reachable via the com-pad.” Leaving the concealed floor open, Mac starts to head out of the room, “I’ll come with you for the piece now.” They both look at the floor cache, “Nice eh?”
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a coordinated post between DocMatthew and Bronze.

Approximate time of day 1:15pm

After Leaving Engineering, Doc will head to the cockpit. When he walks in he’ll look around at all the trinkets and tchotchkes all around and say, “You know Ski in the couple of times I’ve been down here I never looked around and saw what was here.” Doc will start the Newton’s Cradle click clacking back and forth and sit next to Ski.

Ski, in the process of packing his things looks over his shoulder at the sound of Doc’s voice. “ Oh! Hey Doc! Yeah, well best get a eye full while you can.”

“You know son, I think that’s kind of a metaphor for what happened to us here. We all climbed aboard for our various reasons and did not really take a look at what else was in our surroundings.”

“Oh, well I tried. Got a good look at the galley. Got a good look at the cargo hold. Got a good look at engineering even though it nearly cost me my life!” Ski says smiling.

“Well regardless if we saw it or not it was there. Now, it has attracted our attention. Based upon certain decisions the Captain made, all of us are now collateral targets or targets of opportunity. I am taking certain actions to try to protect us and put some pressure on the Brotherhood. I don’t think that any of us besides the Captain are primary targets but you never know with this type of thing.”

“Oh! You mean “The Brotherhood”! I thought.....” Ski’s thoughts trail off for a moment. “Nevermind.” Focusing now on what Doc said “Yeah. Amps got a knack for stepping on toes. Can’t say I’m very pleased about our current situation.”

“As I see it right now you are a free agent able to move on or stay as you wish. I’d like to talk about your future if that is alright with you.”

Ski stops packing and sits heavily in the pilot’s seat spinning the chair to face Doc.”Always got a free moment for ya Doc.”

“When I signed on to this ship, I was told we were going to have a family atmosphere, but instead I saw blame and a shifting of responsibilities rather than a true family. I never wanted to be in charge, but I found myself liking all of you and wanting all of us to do something and go somewhere where we would make a difference. The Captain had different plans. His goal was to make money and keep the Brotherhood happy. He succeeded in making money but the Brotherhood is quite upset with him now. The Captain has problems with authority both from a leader’s point of view and from a follower’s point of view. He follows his code and you follow or your gone.”

“Amen to that!”

“I was able to take Danni away and put her in a position she belonged in. She is not making as much as she was here but she seems to be enjoying herself and she is making a difference. I hope Mac will take advantage of an offer I have made him. It involves years of hard work but in the end he will also make a difference. Which brings me to you, my boy. What in the galaxy above can I offer you. With your skills you can write your own ticket on any craft out there. I mean, here you were, pilot, navigator, sensor operator, communications officer and jump drive officer. On the vessels I was on there were numerous officers and enlisted support for all of those individually and you did them all without complaint.”

Ski contorts his face in contemplation, never have given any thought to his duties in the manner Doc had just described.

“I’m about to make you an offer. It’s not the best one you will receive and there is no pressure for you to accept. As a matter of fact, I want you to think about it overnight before you give me an answer. Here it is. My plan is to get SuSAG to give me a ship so that I can meet with Metz. My offer to Metz is going to include a ship like the one we are on so that I can spread good work and influence throughout the sectors. I would like you to be my personal pilot and chauffeur. In the beginning, I will only be able to pay you what you are making now, and for a while there probably be no bonuses. In addition, if Metz does not go along with the plan and I can’t find another sponsor, we may both be out of a job and looking for work.”

“Well there, aint that some turn of events? I’m flattered by your offer Doc, truly. I will give your offer some serious thought.” Thinking out loud Ski says “If Macs’ on board...and to work with you and Danni again...that would be...well...”Ski’s train of thought stalls as his emotions set in and he tries to fathom all that was just said. Regaining his composure, Ski stands up and offers his hand to Doc. Doc, completing the hand shake smiles at Ski. Ski returning the smile says “Let’s just say I aint goin’ anywhere soon Doc. You get Metz and SuSAG to get you a ship, you give me a call.”

“One last thing. I am arranging for an Imperial shuttle to give me a lift down to the planet. For some reason, I don’t feel real safe with a public shuttle. I can arrange for a spare seat for you if your interested.”

With a mock bow to Doc, Ski in his most proper sounding voice says, “ As I have not made arrangements for my travel to “dirtside” I humbly accept your offer Your Grace.”

Last edited by Coinich on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a joint post between LukeDev75 and DocMatthew:

Approximate time of day is 1:45 pm

Mac finishes packing – quickly, less than an hour after Amp gave the word. He packs the grav-bike with a trunk secured to the back, a pole extended to hang the plant on. He brings the grav-bike to the cargo deck stopping on the ramp. Leaving the duffle bag slung over the seat, Mac heads down the ramp and directly towards a group of cargo-jacks. A short conversation is had and Mac hands one of the guys about $2,000 credits – cash. They shake hands and Mac heads back to the ship. Walking up the ramp, he encounters C.J.

C.J. asks, “What do you got going on.”

Mac looks at C.J. and back at the Jacks. “I set up everything to be properly moved off the ship with the Jacks here.” Pointing to them, “And I mean everything. Can you tell Harpo? They will store his stuff until he needs it.”

Raising an eyebrow, “All his stuff?”

“Yeap! Even the stuff in the kitchen.” Mac says with a reassuring smile. Turning towards his bike.

“Hey, you coming back or what?”

Putting the duffle bag on his back, Mac turns to C.J. “Heck, don’t know yet. Gotta check some stuff out dirtside. I will call you tomorrow?”

“Alright then, see ya tomorrow.” C.J. says with a bit of doubt.

Mac departs the dock and the highport for planetside. Once landing on the planet’s downport in Olavopolis, he sets out hooking up with the Rhylanor Rough Riders – the grav-bike group. Mac fills in the core group a little on what is going on, minimal specifics. Mac does emphasize the threat from the Brotherhood to Amp and the crew. Mac and the group work out some contact procedures and at least two safe house locations. Mac also arranges for safety of both Ski and Danni, as best the group can muster. They setup the meets at the Pigs Eye Pub and Juan’s Restaurant, for later that day.

Once all the arrangements are made and the group breaks up, Mac turns to Gar, the “leader” of the Rhylanor Rough Riders, “Hey Gar, I’d understand otherwise, but I want you to know I won’t live my life looking over my shoulder. I plan on taking this to them. You in?”

Gar’s experienced and rough voice warns, “Ya, guess we’d be in. But, kid, you willing to go all in. ‘Cause you’re talking a mess if it gets big.”

Mac thinks of Danni, smiles, “Yeah, I may have a way to hedge the bet. But I am in. Thanks bro’.”
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a coordinated post between Edr1 and Scruffy70.

Approximate time of day is 1:15 pm

After talking with Mac, Harper headed off to find Amp. As he approached the door, it opened and CJ began to exit as she and Amp exchanged the last comments of their conversation. Nodding to CJ, Harper rapped on the door once and stuck his head in. "Got a minute Boss? I'm a might confused 'bout all this and thought we might need to discuss the situation."

“Sure Harper come on in.”

"I would say I'm right sorry I've been occupied but I ain't and it don't seem there's much I have done 'bout anythen' anyway. But there's some things that don't make no sense to me. First, why do you think it was the Brotherhood that tried to crash the ship? That don't make no sense. For all Sarducci knew, that there scientist was here with us an' then what would he have done with that boy splattered. Besides, you don't crap like that where you eat. Us crashen' could have wiped out what we hit, you know important stuff like the high port, or the low port, or a chunk of the city, and screwed the Brotherhood's hol' game. I hate to say it, but I'm thinken' that Martinez was tryen' to get me. That son of a bitch never cared who he hurt. I'm thinken' I can't wait to hear from the Admiral no more and that its time to take care of business."

“Hold on Harper actually I got a letter back from the brass” <Amp hands over the letter>. “Martinez is going to be handled by them. They will make sure he stops and if not then we will take care of ourselves, if you get my meaning. I am more than certain it was Sarducci.”

"Well alright, who might want somebody on this ship dead an' not care who else they kill in the process? By the way, how far did Doc get in tracken' the virus back to its source? If we can find the source, we might find the man we need to kill."

“I agree entirely Harpo. Doc managed to trace the virus back to the city of Arbellatracon - that’s Sarducci’s back yard. That’s why I am certain it came from them. I had a chat with CJ right before you showed and I mentioned an idea to her that I need to discuss with you in a few minutes, but please go on.”

"Next, I know you felt pressed for time at the meeten', but exactly what did you tell Sarducci? For example, did you mention that SuSag had the boy he was looken for? And I mean really, what was he expecten'? He gives the boy the means to leave an' is then surprised when he does so. Then, he waits six months. And, then he's shocked when the boy found bigger and badder playmates. I'm thinken he needs a little more forethought and few less gorilla's."

“Gorilla’s is all the man has and I am AMPing to endanger the species. Sorry Harpo my bloods boiling. I won’t interrupt again. “

"Last, we can't wait. If'n you think Sarducci has it in for us, (although Lord knows why Sarducci would want us dead 'cause you was a little rude), we need to either go in and make nice somehow or we need to go in and end the issue. Now. They ain't gonna wait to be comen' for us and they ain't gonna let us go get reinforcements. We gotta play the hand we got 'cause we ain't gonna make it of'en this station if they want us dead. If we're gonna fight, we need to start as soon as our boots hit the deck. Ain't no tomorrow Boss."

“Funny you should say that Harpo”< Amp smiles fiendishly >. “My conversation with Cj went like this. CJ approached me after the meeting and in short said I stuck my neck out for her on Garrinski with our new friend Seamus Rodriguez and she will do the same for me regardless of where it takes us. She has put her share of the profits at my disposal. My suggestion was this.

1. I will be contacting a few of the individuals I have worked with in the past for recon purposes. Maybe you know a few from the big house?

2. I wish to talk with Mac in regards to his contacts and our idea of what I will be doing. I figured between his SPA, Belter and biker contacts he can acquire quite of bit of information for us like Sarducci’s schedule and maybe building specs for his offices. Again any ideas?

3. We need arms!! Our stash from the ship we had to leave behind do to being unable to take them off the ship. (PK Mac removed them but if he shares that or not will be up to him.)

4. we need a ship in case we need to run!!

Now my plan is this. CJ, you and myself head off world to Garrinski. I believe that speaking with Seamus again can get us a ship in which we will do exactly what we did before only for a legal merc. We can offer him a top notch crew willing to fly into hot zone for drop offs and pickups of his mercenaries. Think about it a hot zone landing Ski, Mac, and CJ on the ship and me and you securing it as we load JARHEADS. We can also possibly do some smuggling for him as we did our own gear recently and get payed for it. Plus we get to keep our toys.” <Amp winks at Harpo>!! “We would of course pay him monthly but we did that with Andromeda. Now mind you I need to talk to Mac about this and I believe he may go along with us. I will also have to present this to Ski but I will be leaving out the Sarducci part because i believe that he will not like the murdering aspect. In short we return with our own ship which we will share equal ownership in making decision together and each taking an equal share of the profits. But we first take out Sarducci and his gorilla’s. As CJ’s grandpa use to say “never let an enemy live long enough to outplan you”. I wish I had met the man he sounds like someone we would have liked!! What say you Harper!!” <Amp extends his hand>

“Let’s find Mac and have a chat with him shall we Harper!!”

Last edited by Coinich on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This placeholder is to carry a joint posting between DocMatthew and Scruffy70. When the posting is complete, it will be inserted here.

Approximate time of day 1:30pm

<TEXT>
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a coordinated post between Bronze and LukeDev75

Approximate time was: 1:00pm

During the meeting where AMP announces we are “abandoning” the Argent Mistress with the intent to return to Resten and meet with Count Lucius Metz.

Ski leans in towards Mac, “Hey, we need to chat about this, but not here.”

“ Agreed, met me dirtside later this afternoon, at the Pig’s Eye, after the day shift – say four-ish.”

Approximate time is: 4:05pm

Later that afternoon Ski finds his way back to the Pig’s Eye Pub. Unlike his last visit, there is no menacing bouncer at the door and the neighborhood is rather scarce of revelers. After ascending the stairs, Ski enters into the pub. It’s near empty rustic appearance has a couple of vacant pool tables, dark dartboards and the few video game consoles turned off. The music almost quietly fills the room but conversation is not difficult. Ski notices Mac sitting at the windows of the second floor establishment with two men, clearly fellow bikers. Noticing the pitcher of beer by Mac and his friends, Ski heads towards them.

“Ski, dude!” Mac rises extending his hand and continuing with the “buddy-pull-shoulder” greeting. “This is Dozer and Red, two of my riding friends and former co-workers.” Turning towards them, “Dozer, Red, this is Ski – pilot extraordinaire. Have a seat and a beer.”

Dozer is a large heavyset young man with a seemly gentle appearance in his face despite his harsh biker attire and facial hair. Red is an older guy, seemly 20 years beyond Ski and Mac’s age. His nickname is apparent by the red hair still predominant through the graying.

“Thanks guys.” As Ski is getting a beer and seated, “So Red I can get, but Dozer?”

Red and Mac smile. Red takes up the answer. “Look at the size of the lad. He just bulldozes his way through a crowd.”

“ Ah, . . . um, bulldozer?” Ski’s spacefaring days has taken him away from some of the more mundane planetside activities.

“Dude – a bulldozer. A land based vehicle for pushing dirt.” Mac chimes in. “Dude!” Turning to address Dozer and Red, “Dude was lost in space for too long.”

“ Yeah, yeah.” Ski recovers, “Just trying to figure out if Dozer there is the machine or the dirt – that’s all.”

The trio of bikers take a pausing look at each other, and then Red adds, “Dozer is the dirt most da time.” Dozer does not look pleased, but seems okay with the banter.

“See,” Mac starts, “He is easily one of the guys. Excellent jockey too, should get him on a bike.”

Ski takes a short pull from his pint. “Yeah..well..that’s still up for debate.”

“Yeah, well anyway.” Mac’s tone becomes a little more serious and subdued. “Ski, I was telling my friends here about Colonel Ampere and the situation with the Brotherhood. I was ‘splaining how Colonel Klutz managed to get us – you and me – hired on to a ship run by and owned by this Andromeda company with direct ties to the Brotherhood Church. This Father Sarducci fellow ain’t too happy with his Rep – AMP, and he’s got two guys, as I understand, who do his dirty work. From what I recall, one guy is a Tony Montana and the other’s name is Vito. Apparently Vito and Colonel Marine don’t gets along well.”

“ Now they want to kill Amp and we,” Ski points to Mac and himself, “are now targets.”

“ So to speak.” Answers Mac. “Not sure if we are actual targets, but the idea of what these military boys call ‘collateral’ damage, is appealing to Ski and I.”

“ Won’t think so.” Red adds.

Mac resumes, “So, Ski, while you and I figure out what we wanna do here, I figure I needed as safe a haven as I could find. I turned to my friends here – Red, Dozer and the crew – who are not connected to Amp and the Argent Mistress. As my friend, Ski, I offer whatever I can to you.”

“ Mac’s friend is our friend.” Red confirms.

Looking at his beer, Ski smiles out of embarrassment for feeling so needy. Composing himself, he looks up at the three bikers. “Thanks guys. I appreciate and accept your help. Unlike Mac here I’ve got no one to turn to and nowhere to go. Not on this planet anyways.”

“ To that end, the boys have setup what they call a safe house. If you need it . . .” Mac gestures toward Red.

“You got it.” Red answers as he withdraws an embroidered patch. While writing something on the back of the patch, Red continues, “You take this, when I’m done, to a place called Hogs and Heifers.” Looking up, “You know where it is.” Without waiting for an answer, “Dozer, help the boy out.”

Addressing Ski, “You got a wrist computer or something? If not . . .” much more disorganized than Red, Dozer begins fumbling through various pockets. “Wait . . . I got it . . .”

“Ya check your ass?” Mac starts.

“No really . . . I got it . . . somewhere.” Dozer continues to fumble about.

Red looks up towards Ski handing him the patch. “You take this to Hogs and Heifers and ask for either me or Dozer here or T.J. or Bone. Anyone of us will be able to help you to a safe corner.”

“ GOT IT!” Dozer exclaims, then looks around awkwardly.

“Syphilis from a Vargr! Knew it! Told you she was a dog!” Mac belts out.

“SO!” Red sounds commandingly, “Ski, you comfortable with this?” Dozer slides a business card like item towards Ski that has the address and such for Hogs and Heifers.

“No problems here.”

Mac changes the conversation from the safe house to the employment issue. “Ski, man, what do you want to do? I spoke to Doc and he says he wants to talk to you too.”

Ski ponders the direction he wishes to conversation to go, “Well Mac, what are your options – what have you got cooking? Seems you could probably settle in right back here.” Motioning towards Dozer and Red.

“I could. Probably could even get back with the S.P.A. if I wanted. Not sure I do. Spoke with Doc before I bagged the vessel and headed dirtside. While I told him you and I could probably get some version of a 100-ton courier, he seemed to think both of us were not business minded enough to make it profitable. Whatever doings Ampere had with the Brotherhood was at least being profitable.” Looking up towards Ski, “Would you stay with Amphead and Harpo, and probably Cee Jay, to head back to Resten?”

“ Not sure about that.” Ski starts, “Ya see I get along with and like both C.J. and Harper. Not so sure about the Colonel though. Or should I say Capo? See I’m not sure he’s doing the right thing – leadership wise an’ all.”

“ Profit sharing is good with him though. Yes?” Mac asks.

“I guess. But like you said, we don’t have the business experience to make it work. Unless C.J. decides to join us. All I know is the guy doesn’t take responsibility for anything. Like back on Garrincski when HE ordered me to land there when all of us,” arm gesturing in a circular motion, deftly lifting a beer, “advised we shouldn’t attempt the landing.” Looking at Red and Dozer, “there was no reason we couldn’t conduct our business in the highport.”

“ Yeah, I’ve been at Garrincski and even a jack knows the weather there is f**ked.” Red agrees.

“Yeah, and friggin’ Amp says I should land. I try. It doesn’t go well. THEN! Then, he blames me, cause I drove into a storm and landed the ship without killing anybody. Ohhh nooo, see to him it is my fault he ordered me to do something that didn’t work out to HIS plan. Never says ‘My Bad!’ for even thinking this was a good idea.” Ski is clearly aggravated, swigs his beer.

“So what you’re saying is – you ain’t got much use or faith in the Colonel-Captain there?” Mac asks.

“Yeah, I guess.” Ski catches himself. “I’m ranting. Aside from Amp’s leadership flaws, we did make some good cred’, and we did have some laughs. At the moment though Capo has a target on his back and the Brotherhood has a bullet with his name on it. I just don’t want to be around when Vito or Tony miss Amp. At the moment though my options are thin.” Wondering what Mac is thinking, Ski asks, “What about you Mac? What are your plans?”

Mac leans back in his chair, signaling anyone towards the bar for another pitcher. “Well, not sure yet. Doc has some idea that I should attend school here on Rhylanor and become a full-fledged engineer – by college degree. He seems to think I can do a hell of a job as a design engineer. This gimbal thing, well Doc seems to think I can go places.” Pausing thoughtfully, “But, I just don’t know if I am cut out for a one place, one job, kinda thing.” Mac recalls his conversation with Doc. “Doc does think that once schooling is over and if my project kicks in, the ‘verse could be mine. ‘ Course that’s a big IF!”

“ I’m confused. Thought you wanted to go world hopping, bang chicks, and ride? Rhylanor is gonna get stale for you man. You seem to know it all when it comes to engineering and design. What else are they gonna teach ya?!” Not yet knowing where Mac is staying or going, Ski asks, “What about Resten, C. J., and Harper? You interested in going to Resten? Sounds like this Metz guy wants you as well as Doc.”

“ Yeah, well, figure Doc is right about one thing – I probably don’t have the balls to stand up in front of those types without the proper cred, as it were. Riding a grav-bike and hanging in a saloon – I got cred, hanging in engineering – I got cred, but I ain’t no noble, that’s for sure. As for hanging around Rhylanor, I did it for the last two years and there plenty of babes around the campus. And you’re right, I want to visit different places and experience different rides.” More addressing Red and Dozer at this point, “You guys can feel me there, right?”

Both Red and Dozer nod in agreement.

“What about Amp? Would you stick around because you’ve been travelling and making money? Would you continue working with him? Seeing as now you have some options that make it easy for you to walk.” Ski asking more for himself than to actually hear how Mac feels. “Can Mac validate my attitude towards Amp.” Ski ponders to himself.

“Well, the travelling I thought I would be doing, for the things I thought I would be doing, I ain’t really doing them. Sure, I got a steady paycheck with some serious bonuses, albeit ‘connected’ vigs to those bonuses. But it ain’t really the family I thought it would be. If it were, won’t Doc still be aboard? Wouldn’t Amp have treated you different than he has? Heck, would he have protected me instead of the Regina Raiders? Would he have . . .”

“Regina Raiders!!” Dozer barks, “The Raiders were on your ship?!” Turning to Ski, “I love those guys man! They’re GREAT!”

“ Wouldn’t tell Mac that.” Ski says, eyes indicating towards Mac.

With puppy eagerness, Dozer turns towards Mac, “Dude, buddy, what happened?”

Mac rolls his eyes in disgust, “Well Dozer Dude seems we got into a situation where we transported the idiot Drunk Ball players to their next destination. Of course they insulted one of our crewmembers – a lady – and, even under my protest, we took them on. Made a zillion concessions to accommodate them, made mods to the ship and invited them into our house. They don’t apologize for their rude behavior AND we allow them to drink our best booze AND, of course, they get drunk!”

“ Shocker!” Ski adds empathically and sarcastically

“Yeah, shocker – I am getting to you buddy.” Mac pointing a Ski. “Then one of these buffoons gets his drunk ass into engineering and f’s-up the equipment.” Turning towards a more understanding Red, “So I give the guy a little attitude adjustment – you know.” Red nods in agreement.

“Guy was a train wreck.” Ski chiming in again, “Good thing for Doc.” Turning his attention to Red and Dozer, “Cause the dude needed a doctor.”

“Can it trinket-head. My story.” Mac trying to get back on course. “So Colonel-Captain-Owner doesn’t stand up for me or the ship. He sequesters me to the engineering space and lets the loons run free.” Turning and staring firmly at Ski. “Get back to engineer after getting my butt ripped for f**king up the guests only to find this idiot and the whole damn Drunk Ball team kneeling on the deck plates chatting some moronic thing AND – get this – AND wearing underwear on their heads! Including yours truly.” Mac uses both arms to gesture toward Ski.

Grinning, Ski slightly bows his head and raises his glass in a salute to himself. Red returns the salute.

“Yeah well, seems the ship’s steward tried to help me chat with the manager, some jerk named – get this, the Boss. See how original these intellectual zeros are. Anyway, seems I introduced my hand and his face several times – AND he still didn’t get it!” Mac flexes his hands, examining his knuckles. “Anyway, this Ampere guy is annoyed with me because I stood up for the honor of the ship and a lady.”

Excited about the tale of fisticuffs, Dozer begins to dive in with his own tale. Not really wanting to hear Dozer’s rambling story, Mac cuts Dozer short by continuing his conversation with Ski.

“You know Ski; I have probably talked myself into one thing. I am pretty sure I have talked my own way out of heading to Resten. Still not a 100% sure I will do the college thing and I wouldn’t mind looking into crewing our own boat. Might want to talk to Cee Jay. You could do that too.” Mac pauses momentarily, and asks with a grin, “Hey think Yanagi would help me get a loan?”

Smiling, Ski retorts, “A loan for what? A ship or self defense class?” Ski punctuates the question by placing his glass on the table with an audible thud.

Addressing Ski, “Smartass, there is a longer story there. Maybe another time.” Turning towards Red and Dozer, “You know, it might be nice for one of us jacks to get an education. Ya think?”

Red responses first, “I’m done now, so it won’t be me. Dozer here,” patting him on the back, “he done dozed through his education.”

Dozer looks around, almost surprised, “Who me? What?”

Red turns to Ski with a grin, “Now you see the name?”

“Guess I do.” Ski acknowledges. “Well Mac, what now?”
“Well I got a few things to check on my own.” Looking at his chronometer, “But I have some time to hang. Just want you to know you got a place to lay low and it is safe. You cool with that?”

Ski confirms his understanding, then looks around the saloon. “Where are all the babes from the last time we were here?”

“Too early for them.” Mac explains. “Hey, no reason to stop the beer and . . . well . . . let me tell you about the Yanagi thing.”

The group settles in for more beer and tall tales. Mac delivers an interesting story about his encounter with Yanagi and the resulting cut in his head. Stories back and forth until Mac quietly bows out.
“I will catch up to you in the morning Ski. Chill with the boys and I will call you in the morn.”
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a coordinated post between Coinich and LukeDev75

Approximate time is: 9:00pm

After the meeting where AMP announces we are “abandoning” the Argent Mistress with the intent to return to Resten and meet with Count Lucius Metz, Mac sent a message to Danni stating, “Dear Danni, know a great place to have a meal, when can you meet me at Juan’s?”
“9pm” was the extent of her response.

Shortly before 9 PM local time, under a moonless sky, a young woman meanders towards an ethnic eatery in the industrial portion of Olavopolis. Though she believed she was properly dressing down, Danni was overdressed for the neighborhood. She clad herself in the best holo-movie espionage outfit she could muster. She knew enough to scan the area visually and her courtesan training added her observation, but the two bikers across from the eatery were making no effort to hide. There was bizarre thrill to Danni’s clandestine meeting with Gannon Mackenzie. Aware of some of what was happening with the crew of the Argent Mistress; Danni knew Mac did not share this meet with anyone. Except maybe the two bodyguard bikers. “Are they for him or me?” she wondered.

Danni entered into the eatery looking for her contact. As she looked around the establishment, she realized just how dirty and sloppy it appeared. “My god! I ate food here?” she thought, “I must have been really drunk.” Seated at probably the same table they shared on that drunken evening was Mac, already nursing some food and a beverage. Danni approached as Mac looked up slowly, appearing rough and drawn. Stubble more pronounced than usual. The plate of gravy covered fries half eaten and a near empty glass of an apparent green thick shake – celery stick predominant.

“Well, well, well, what have we been up to?” Danni chastises as she approaches the table. Mac’s reactions are slow, but he tries to rise for the lady, gesturing towards the seat, but Danni is ahead of him and sits. Having gotten up, Mac leans down and delivers a friendly hello kiss and delicate hug.

Picking up the shake as he sits, stirring the drink with the celery, “Yeah, well, seems I spent a little too much time in a local saloon.” Pulling the stick out, “Got this in memory of you. It does add nicely to the drink.”

“It may be a memory for you, but fortunately – or unfortunately, it is but a blur to me. An out-of-focus portion, moment, of my life.” Stated almost coldly.

“Wow, sorry my dates are so forgettable.”

Danni looks almost remorsefully at Mac, realizing her comment was more about her than him. “I am sorry. Say we start over. I will be me this time, instead of you.” “Damn it!” Danni thinks to herself, “I just did it again.”

“Ouch lady, cut it out. I’m already beat to s**t.” Mac continues with something about needing Danni’s help and advice, but she gets caught up in her own head for a moment.

“Why am I smacking him around? Am I nervous that Doc says he may stay on Rhylanor? Why should I be nervous? He knows it was just a passing thing. But if he stays will he think it’s an all the time thing?” She then nearly frightens herself – “Will I think it is an all the time thing?”

“YO! I’m here and you’re not!” Mac slams a fry back on to the plate.

“Sorry,” gaining her composure, “Sorry, I am here . . . for you. What is it?”

Not connecting Danni’s thoughts and actions, but still in a nearly annoyed tone, “Well, missy, by now I think you know some of what is happening with the Argent Mistress and its crew of Brotherhood targets. I have some issues, thoughts . . . problems, that I am not sure how to handle or if I can properly handle them. Thought the only one I could trust to tell me like it is, is you.”

“Me? You want my opinion on what? From what I have heard, didn’t Doc talk to you?”

“Well talking with Doc is like . . . I don’t know . . . talking with a dad, had I had one around. Talking with Ski is like talking with your buddy who is like ‘dude whatever you think is best’ and I clearly can’t talk to Amp-head. Then, by extension, I can’t talk to the Colonel’s crony, Harpo, ‘cause he’ll tell the benevolent dictator. On the ship, that leaves me with Cee Jay – this chick they hired after you and Doc left. I don’t know her and she don’t know me. You know me – I know you. So, by extension, I want . . . need, your advice.” Mac sits back almost defiantly. “Well got any advice?”

“Yes, for starters, stop using the phrase ‘by extension’, at least repeatedly.” Danni answers with a grin, reaching for a fry.

“You’re f**king with me.”

Snapping a piece of the fry, she responds with a grin, “Yeap! How’s it feel?”

“Why?”

“I don’t know.”

Mac shakes his head in disbelief.

“What? Can’t take it?” She looks around the room as if wanting something.

“What? What are you looking for?”

Danni looks around, picks up the menu, leans in for a whisper, Mac leans in too, she whispers, “You don’t suppose Juan has an Arugula salad with a Balsamic Vinaigrette?”

“Jesus lady!” as Mac slaps himself to the chair back.

Danni sits up confidently. “See I have learned from you.” She says with a caring smile. “What have you learned from me?”

“Huh?”

“What have you learned from me? And by the way, these fries are cold.”

“Screw the fries. What have I learned from you? Well then . . .” Mac develops a wolfish grin, Danni catches him.

“Don’t go there, Gannon Mackenzie! You’re smarter than that. What have learned from me in dealing with other people? The advice you need, if I can guess correctly, is whether or not you THINK you are capable enough to handle this Aragon Gravitic Gimbal thing, not in front of your peers, but in front of the likes of me and Doc and this guy on Resten. . . what’s his name?”

“Doctor Count Metz is his name.”

Danni smiles, waving her hand affirmatively at Mac, “See you remembered his name. You didn’t give him a nickname. You told me his name. So he’s important to you – at least in some manner.”

Mac pauses as he considers Danni’s comments, then continues, “Hey, you knew his name already, didn’t you?”

“Yes. And by the way, it is properly said as Count Doctor Metz. And... so what if I did know his name already?”

“So what else do you know about the goings on?” Mac’s body language indicates he wishes to hear Danni’s side now.”

A coy smile starts to cross Danni’s face as she realizes that Mac really wanted … no... NEEDED... to know what information she held. “Well, now, Mr. Mackenzie... who’s in the driver’s seat now!”, she thought to herself satisfactorily. Then, almost in the same instant, her caring and empathetic side starts to kick-in.

“Well... in Courtesan speak, Count Metz is a level B-2 contact.” Thinking to herself, for but the briefest of moments on how to translate. Deciding a technical answer wouldn’t be appropriate for Mac, she states, “That means he is exceptionally influential in his noble order and he wields far more power than his sphere of influence normally would. He is up-and-coming. My sisters tell me that as a senior executive in scientific research and development with SuSAG, he has many suitors for his attention and funding. My friends in L.O.I.S. tell me that he may stand to actually be made landed nobility if he continues with his superstar status. “

Looking at him for signs of acknowledgement or body language - she reads him and says... “But that’s not what you were asking...was it?”

With a slightly exasperated sigh, Mac replies, “Nope, not really. Though finding out he is a Count or Doctor or whatever for . . . what was it called, Lois? That’s cool.” Mac sits forward to be more engaged, “Nope , I was wondering what you knew about the situation with AMP and the ship. Know anything ‘bout dat?”

Her poorly hidden disappointment about “owning” the discussion quickly dissipates as she begins, with shocked disbelief at Mac’s ignorance, “L.O.I.S.! You know... the Loyal Order of Imperial Scientists?!?!” Then changing her tone to one more subdued, “Well... I know that you have all left the employ of Gemstar. Doc tells me that Father Sarducci is extremely disappointed with the crew’s decision to abandon the Argent Mistress.” A look of concern crosses her face as the realization of the situation hits her, “So, then, what will you be doing now? Where will you be going?”

“Umm, sweetie, sometimes you are just surprisingly naive. We didn’t ‘leave’ the employee of Gemstar, we were ‘released’ - let go - fired. You could also say we are fired from Andromeda and the Brotherhood. But, as you already know, you only leave the Brotherhood by two methods - death and their benevolence. Let’s just say AMP is not in a benevolent relationship with this Father Sarducci. While he ain’t dead yet, he’s a walking one I assure you.”

With the shock of real-world veracity hitting her, she momentarily stammers, “You were fired?!?! The Captain is walking dead?!?! I don’t understand? I figured the Brotherhood wasn’t the nicest religious order, but they wouldn’t REALLY kill the Captain?!?!?” Mac will catch a glimpse of a very rare moment in Danni’s life... One in which she is truly caught off-guard, and even more rarely... at a loss for words.

“Relax. You and Doc were gone before the vig came due. And yes, you get excommunicated from the Brotherhood, at least portions of - like this Andromeda portion - you get turned to space-dust.”

Finally, “So... where will you go now?”

Mac shrugs, “Don’t know, which is why I asked to meet up with you. I could probably stay on Rhylanor and get back with the S.P.A. Not sure I want to. Spoke with Doc before I bagged the vessel and headed dirtside. While I told him Ski and I could probably get some version of a 100-ton courier, he seemed to think both of us were not business minded enough to make it profitable. But, like I said earlier, Doc is like a father figure and as such he is strongly suggesting that I enroll at R.I.T. and work on the Graviton project. Seems that AMP and some want to head back to Resten and maybe strike a deal with this Metz fellow and SuSAG.” Mac leans back in his chair and looks around, “So what do you think and you want to order something?”

There is a momentary look of “Hallelujah” on her face when she realizes that Mac can finally do something ‘credible’ with his life. “R.I.T. That’s a great idea! You could get your degree and make something of your talents and skills.” But a brief moment later her mind catches up with her and plays out the scenario in which Mac remains on Rhylanor and is both accessible and available. Finding that she’s not so sure that would be to her liking, she continues... “If that’s what you really want to do that is.” Continuing, so as to try and cover up her thought process, “I don’t know that working for SuSAG will be all that it’s cracked up to be. The question I have for you is... what IS IT that YOU... MAC really wants to do. Not just reacting to others, or following their dreams... What does Mac really want to do?”

“Now you’re sounding like a ‘Buddy’ with the ‘what ever you want’ thing.” Mac almost seems annoyed. “Do you think I could survive the college thing, you know, with the superiority of professors and all? Do you think I could hold my own with the big-wigs of SuSAG or Doc’s foundation? Should I continue my useless travels with the dysfunctional crew? I just don’t know.”

“I have seen the holovids of your presentations. When you put your mind to it, and aren’t just being a smartass, you can communicate very well. You know... sometimes I think you just put on an act, or a front, of some ‘lowly’ cargo-jack engineer, just so you don’t have to prove anything to anyone... or yourself.” Looking up, she motions to Juan. “I’d like one of these thingy’s” (pointing to the greenish shake).

Mac quickly brings his hand up in an exaggerated stop motion. “No, no, you do not want that when you are sober. Trust me. Ever take cold medicine when you are well?” Mac makes the extreme look of distaste. “Trust me.” Mac turns his attention to Juan. “Hey amigo would you grab a bunch of the deluxe fixin’s and put it on a plate and some dressings on the side.” Turning back to Danni, with an expression of “okay?” then quickly turns back to Juan, “And a BOTTLED water, please.” Turning back to Danni with a grin, “Just being safe on the water. Sound good to you?”

“Yes. That will be fine, thank you.” Returning herself to the conversation at hand, all the while knowing that she is encouraging him to stay. Secretly not sure if she really wants that to happen or not, “You have all kinds of smarts in that smart-ass head of yours Gannon Mackenzie. Don’t think I haven’t noticed all your books with fancy titles. I don’t know a thing about Engineering, but I do know that you do. IF you could control yourself, and your tongue, long enough to make it through several years of schooling, you will have both credibility, and the degree to go along with it.”

Mac pauses thoughtfully, “Yeah well I guess that’s my problem, isn’t it? Mouth in orbit before the brain fires. Most of the time it’s just cause people don’t say what they really mean or they’re really thinking. You know?”

Juan brings a plate of ‘deluxe-fixings’ and a group of condiments to the table, and a bottled water.

Danni looks at Juan and says “Thank You very much.” Looking at the plate, she picks up her fork and begins sifting and poking through the items looking for something that suits her palette. Finding very little at the moment, she continues, “If you already know that people don’t say what they mean, then you already are aware of the problem. You are using that as an excuse to better yourself. Acknowledge this as a fact, and move on. Sometimes, you’re not going to agree with your professors either. That doesn’t mean they don’t get you thinking. And there are times,” she chuckles out loud while clearly recalling past events, “trust me, that you just have to do the work and move on. Mac, the college degree would only put in paper form what you already know in your head. Like it, or not, it legitimizes you to society.”

“Yeah, I know. I just think it pisses me off. Why can’t I be legitimate as myself? Well Doc seems to think the same way you do, guess that’s why you get along - you two. And, as for the reading, I read more than the tech manuals you know. I read your book.” He pauses for effect, “Il Cortegiano, I didn’t just give to you without knowing what it was about.” Clearly ready to say something else, Mac pauses to allow Danni any comment or expression. He watches her closely.

Her naiveté shows to Mac as she is clearly not understanding what he meant with his comment. “That’s good. There is a lot of good information in the book about how to handle people and react to different situations. Perhaps it can be of help to you as you start school.” Thinking for a moment. “What does reading a book about courtesans have to do with you attending school anyway. See there you go again, trying to deflect the conversation off of bettering you!”

Disappointed that Danni missed the innuendo by referencing the book, Mac continues, “Well, I am not deflecting or diverting the conversation. I figure I am staying in school - gosh, my mom would’ve liked hearing that. I am changing the subject. This book indicates that you Courtesans play a particular role in upper society. Right?”

She looks quizzically at Mac as if trying to understand and then she suddenly gets it. “Damn you Gannon Mackenzie. You had to take the conversation down that path didn’t you? O.K. Just to be clear... what role is it you might be referring to?”

“Royal consultant - so to speak. Why? what were you thinking?” With an obvious ‘who-me? I got ya!’ expression. Grin splashed across his face.

A low, frustrated, moan comes from her clenched jaw as she realizes she’s been had. Mac realizes that he is actually seeing more emotion from Danni as well as she is relaxed enough with Mac by letting her guard down. “Hmmm, Progress.” Mac thinks to himself.

“Yes, a Royal consultant.” In a sudden turn of straight-forward conversation, “I thought, perhaps, you were referring to a more obscure role that courtesans play. One that perhaps you have witnessed first hand. But, perhaps that role wasn’t played well enough that you would remember. But I digress. You were saying?”

Mac doesn’t immediately respond, a warming reflective glow on his face. In a soft voice, “Oh no my darling Dionyssia. I do remember all so well. While I have forgotten the first stars I have seen and the first alien worlds I have encountered, I shall never forget what we had . . .” Mac looks almost remorseful, somehow sad for he is clearly not in control of this connection between them.

Danni absentmindedly picks and pokes at her salad. Her mind conflicted.

Mac begins to clear his voice for an apparent different conversation. “So . . . anyway, if I understand The Book of the Courtier correctly, you serve a court, Royal Office, in order to convey information not trusted to servants to visiting dignitaries and, in return, that information back to the royal position. There are other functions,” Mac looks into Danni’s eyes, “some of which we will not discuss, but other functions, such as event planner, keeper of the contacts, scheduler, counselor, etc. As the author Baldassare Castiglione, I believe, as he would say, an Imperial Courtesan, such as one who served the court of Duke Norris Aella Aledon . . . did I get the name right? . . . regardless, you would be what they call a cortigiana onesta, or the honest courtesan, one who was cast as an intellectual. Castiglione describes such a courtesan as having a cool mind, a good voice, with beautiful, elegant and brave words, along with proper bearing and gestures. Having read the book, I clearly see you as such a cortigiana onesta. I am close?”

Danni’s face had gone blank during Mac’s description, astonished by his grasp of what at times even she has difficulty comprehending. Eyes wide, mouth partially open, staring at Mac, she thought, “He is full of contradictory surprises – why does he have to be so gruff?”

Waving his hand in front of her face, “Hey, wake up. Am I close? This is what you do, yes?”

Almost stuttering, “Yes . . . yes, very close indeed.”

“As such, then you have contacts in these circles?”

“Yes, of course.” Regaining her proper composure.

“For example, as the Courtesan of Doc, you might have access to Ski’s new friend, Count Rikk Banoi? The guy who had the party last time we were all dirtside here. Yes?”

“Yes, why?”

“Wait, how about captains of industry? Like a John Hammond, a Senior Vice President of R&D for General Products, LIC., here on Rhylanor. One of the financial backers to this Graviton project.”

“Yes, yes, all of these connections are by extension.” Danni smiles a bit. “Mr. Mackenzie, what are your getting at?”

“I am getting there miss, have a little patience.” Mac adjusts his posture. “Now, a good population of Rhylanor are members the Brotherhood church. A church where Father Sarducci is an ‘upstanding member’, at least publicly. Now suppose, just for a moment, suppose the Brotherhood church were responsible for an incident . . . a terrorist incident, that resulted in the deaths of Rhylanorian civilians.”

“You’re talking nonsense Mac.” Danni interjects in disbelief.

“Um, NO, no I am not. We have proof that a source within Arbellatracon, where it just so happens that the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Andromeda Casino, Father Guido Sarducci, is located. AND that Andromeda had a deal to kidnap an Imperial Citizen. This Sarducci, or one of his cronies, clearly tried to disable the Argent Mistress so it would crash onto the planet’s surface killing all onboard, that’s me et el, and civilians on the ground.”

The pallor of Danni’s face begins to noticeably change. “No! But! How! Why!” she stammers.

“Yes, really. And yes we have proof. Proof I have and proof I have given His Grace, Sector Admiral Doctor Matthew Aragon, Duke of the Order of Shuynuka – WHO, I may add, will probably give this informational proof to the Admiral of the Imperial Naval base here at Rhylanor – a Sub-Sector Capital.”

The bludgeoning pace of Mac’s words continue to hit Danni like a freight train. She stares in stunned silence, absorbing everything. Trying to process it all instantly, and failing.

“Stay with me, I am not done yet. Now, let me rewind to the Brotherhood church and this Father Sarducci conducting a terrorist style attack on the loyal and loving subjects of His Grace, Harlo Erghal, the Duke of Rhylanor. A leader whose vaunted Rhylanori Imperial Marine Commandos, the Rashakhras, could not protect his own people from a church! AND! The church has killed one of these Rashakhra’s honored with a Starburst of Extreme Heroism.” Mac takes a momentary breath, to reload.

Danni continues to process the barrage of information and cocks her head occasionally from one side to the other while clearly parsing the information given. A lot of the sympathetic emotion Mac had just seen, had left her and what Mac could see now emerging is the efficient, calculated Imperial tool. “Go on.” she states simply.

Calming his voice, Mac continues, “Yes, well all of these things would not fare well, I would imagine, with the Duke of Rhylanor, the Admiral of the Imperial Subsector, the Rashakhra Marines, the Sector Imperial Naval Command and . . . by extension . . . Duke Norris of Regina! Where Rhylanor is a state within the Duchy of Regina. This said, I am sure you Courtesans could see the ripples throughout jump space – couldn’t you?” Mac pauses to let it sink in.

“That would be treason... sedition of the highest order.” Her mind searching for words and piecing different thought threads together, “Why... a scandal of that magnitude would perturbate throughout the entire sector.”

In an almost Jekyll and Hyde-like manner, Mac suddenly finds himself face to face with an “Imperial Machine”. One that is used to processing information and making decisions in the macro scheme. Mac is somewhat taken-aback by the transformation.

Talking at Mac, but not TO Mac, Danni begins to think out loud, “So, Doc knows about all of this, and has turned the information over to the Rhylanori Admiralty, but not Duke Erghal’s office? Let’s see, that would still mean, however, that Emergency Services would need to be notified of the threat, and they, by extension will notify the appropriate law enforcement agencies, and counter terrorism forces. I will need to immediately contact the Public Relations Officer for Duke Erghal, and help in the preparation of a public statement, in the eventuality this threat goes public. Additionally, I’m going to ….

“Yo, yo, YO! Stop, slow down there, Miss party planner. Let’s not invite everyone to the party here.”
Mac attempts to slow Danni’s overload down.

“What?! Huh? Why? If there is indeed a threat of this magnitude, it needs to be dealt with, and swiftly. Lives, and reputations, are at stake here.”

“Yes, that is true - lives and reputations are at stake. Our lives, the crew , and the reputations of those in power. But, if I understand your job, your position as a Courtesan, then they may be ways to handle this so no lives are ruined, either by reputation or, well, death.” Mac gently grabs Danni’s hands, looks into her eyes and says, “Can you do this? Can you keep it together and network this?”

Her gaze is all business. “Yes, but if the threat is credible now, then action should be taken now. This should not be relegated to a networked scenario.”

“The threat is mostly between this Father Sarducci and Amp. Should you call out the marines right now, all the ugliness will hit the jump drive. I am thinking you can get the word out through your network to minimize the fallout. If you blow the whistle now - all the rats will run for cover and no organized structure will remain. Everyone will be out for himself, instead of the greater good.” Mac is struggling with this portion of his idea, “This is the kind of thing I figure you had to have witnessed, dealt with, etc.”

“So, you embellished?” Shifting in her seat, “That’s fine. Yes. I’ll get to work on this. And yes... I definitely know how to be a cortigiana onesta. Of that you can be assured.”

“Well, I may have embellished a little. Make no mistake, something between Sarducci and Amp WILL happen. I just do not know what or when it will. And please, please be careful with these allegiances. As you are well aware, every little activity is connected to another. Be careful who you tell what and who you trust.” All said with a voice of true concern, but not fear or panic. Mac’s voice changes to a soft and appreciative tone. “I know you can handle this and I truly believe in you, which is why I came to you. Thank you for coming.”

Almost stunned, Danni sits brooding.

“Too much?” Mac asks with sensitivity.

“Probably. I will see what I can do with this in the morning.” Attention coming back to Mac.

“So, ah, say we sleep on it?” Mac tempts.

“Yes, sure.” Comes Danni’s immediate response. As Mac signals Juan for the check, Danni sits wondering what she has just agreed to – for this evening and the days to follow.

As the couple leaves the restaurant, Juan turns to a fellow employee, “Chew know, those two are a messed up couple.”
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following items have been posted, or placeheld.

Tuday, 170-1115:

Immediately after the meeting breaks - before everyone leaves the ship:

- C.J. speaks with Amp. Posted
- Doc and Mac talk Posted
- Harper and Mac talk Posted
- Doc and Ski talk PLACE HELD
- Mac leaves the ship Posted
- Harper and Amp talk PARTIALLY COMPLETE
- Doc and Amp talk PLACE HELD

Later in the afternoon:

- Mac and Ski talk Posted

Later in the evening:

- Mac and Danni talk. Posted

Based on the timeline being completed to this point, minus the placeholders, I am opening the boards for any postings that will happen DURING THE AFTERNOON, EVENING, or OVERNIGHT on Tuday, 170 - the day the ship arrived.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING THAT TAKES PLACE OUTSIDE THAT TIMEFRAME - IT WILL BE DELETED

If you owe me the final draft of a coordinated post, or you want to validate a prospective posting you have ready, please email me. Thanks.
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc and Ski posting is up. It can be viewed by clicking HERE
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper and AMP posting is up. It can be viewed by clicking HERE
Coinich
Ship's Surgeon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a joint posting between edr1 and LukeDev dealing with what Harper does before leaving the ship.

Time of day: Approx 3:00pm local time - after packing and in preparation to depart the ship for the last time....

Leaving Amp's room, Harper walked back to his own. There, he took a badly needed shower and then dressed in work clothes, something tough with his light armor underneath. Beginning to pack the rest of his belongings, he could not get out of his mind that they should not wait. That they needed to act now. If nothing else, he needed to act now. He opened a channel to Mac.

"Hey Mac, it's Harper."

"So I guessed from the Dueling Banjos ringtone."

"Think you can get me a grav bike, my choice gear, and a quite place near the brotherhood on the planet?"

"Grav-Bike!? What the hell do you need that for?” replied a surprise Mac, “You've been thinking again, haven't you? I thought you said it wasn't your job to think. Maybe you should lay low and come up with a plan – a solid plan. I am working on an idea me-self.”

"Oh, so you've got a plan?"

"Don’t know yet. ‘Bout your gear, did you talk to Cee Jay? The jacks and dusters will give you a proper hand. Work with that for now.” Mac pauses only a moment. “Now get with your Colonel and find a hole to crawl into and think before you leap. I'll talk to you in the morning."

Relieved that somebody had some course of action in play, Harper whistled as he finished packing his gear. He then proceeded to the main ship's locker and strapped on his personal auto pistol. Loading out the rest of the crew's personal gear, he paused over the SMG since it was technically ships equipment. “Screw it," Harper thought to himself as he grabbed the SMG and ready gear. He walked back to his cabin and packed it with his belongings. "They can have it back bullets first." Harper then cleaned the other two lockers of non-ship equipment and took all his gear into the loading bay. He then took a chair off the wall and sat down to wait for the stevedores.

"This stuff will make good cover for the real goods." He muttered to himself.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    I.M.V. ARAGON - DataNet Forum Index Business Dealings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: