Allies & Enemys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portal Home -> Forum » Stories and Tales View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allies & Enemys
 PostPosted: 0602.08:1341 Reply with quote  
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Cr. 23.5

Items

Fez Talon sat sipping his ale in the darkest corner of the "streaking Comet". Fez knew the owner of the comet. He had cut many a deal there.
Now as he waited he also watched every customer who entered. He was familar with most of the local talent girls who plyed thier trade there. He had no need of them, but they were excellent recources of information.
He knew most of the usuals too at least by sight if not by name,and occupation. Fez wasn't about to be caught plying his trade anywhere he wasn't familar with.
He couldn't afford to be sloppy in his trade.The competion was well lets say a bit on the unforgiving side. In a most unhealthy way.
As he glanced at the clock hanging above the bar. He noticed that his cutomer was due in just a few more minutes. His "customer"was never ever , late. Fez was sure she would be on time yet again. Sure enough, there she was now.
Eva von Strubing, strutted her way into the comet.She detested the comet and all the bottom feeders who seemed to be drawn to it like flies to a barnyard.Unfournatly it was the only place where her contact was willing to meet in public.
She had of course heard the rumors about him. Most anyone of her trade had. He was a known commodity. None the less she also knew that he had a uncanny way of producing whatever he said he could.
So now that her employer had given her the details for what would be required.
She was ready too aquire the means to satisfy him.Satisfying her employer, was all she had to worry about. She knew if her empolyer ever decided that he wasn't satisfied ,she wouldn't live long enough to know it.The Tal Shair didn't allow room for failure. They made sure all who worked for them knew the price of failure. On the other hand they had the backing of an entire star empire with which to work from.

Ah Fez , dahhlinng! How are you? She fawned over him . Aren't you going to ask me to sit with you? Easy Eva, cut the meladrama crap! just sitdown and show me what you've got. Ah Fez always the gentlemen! Eva slid into the chair oppsite fez. She never liked sitting with her back exposed. But Fez had given her little choice there were only two chairs and his had the corner view.
So your sure the "fic"s" didn't follow you here? Oh please! Fez! I do know how to lose those umm ,inconvient "friends" of mine you know! Really !

Just be sure you do, Eva i don't need the Federal intel commssion boys snopping around me. Not to worry dear Fez i have them chasing thier tails on the other side of the starbase.
Now lets get down to busniess then shall we,dearheart?
Yes lets, i have places to be and no time to waste ,what do you have for me , Eva?

As Eva pulled the microchip container from her purse . Fez gave a meaningful stare at the owner of the comet. Who then flipped the switch for a jamming cone for Fezs table. The cone produced a fake conversation for any unwelcome ears . Fez paid well , and the owner didn't know what the business was that went on at Fezs table. He also knew that he didn't want to know what went on Fez's table, he liked having all his body parts in working order!

So you see Fez this needs to be done with ummm a certain amount of urgency. Yes, yes i see that it will not be a problem as long as your information is correct. Well, dearheart have i ever steered you wrong!
Theres always a first time Eva my dear, and you know what the price for that would be.... Don't worry so much Fez, everything i have given you comes from , well lets say a very reliable source. Fine, Eva give me the account number,once i verify the account and the amount. You'll get what your after!
Oh and Eva, nice dress sweetheart. Next time try wearing something that dosn't have every guy in this dump drooling! Allright? I know you like attention but I DON"T!

Really Fez you be suchhh a bore!

to be continued

PostPosted: 0602.09:1209 Reply with quote  
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Cr. 85.0

Items

Great start Very Happy !!! Looking forward to the next installment Exclamation

Bear

A Quote from Captain Benjamin Sisko:

page 2
 PostPosted: 0603.14:1212 Reply with quote  
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Cr. 23.5

Items

As fez slipped out a side door eva strutted on her way out the main entrance. Delviring disdainful glances at all the "lowlifes" as she passed by.
Fez slid silently down the side alley, checking to make sure that the "fic's" really had been fooled by eva. Apparently they had.
After half an hour of double backs and alley dodging.He finally felt it was safe enough to hail a cab.As the cabby pulled to the curb fez slid in never once forgetting to check both the licence # of the cab and the driver. This unfournate driver had just picked up one of his last tolls.
Within a few short hours he would expire. From a heartattack, the bio weapon fez perfered to use for such occasions left no trace elements in any way, it was a top grade assains tool.A true premium blend as he would of called it.
Fez couldn't afford to let this the knowledge of his arrival at this particular address to fall into the authorties hands. When they found the body of the cabby, if they checked the cab for dna or any evidence of the last passenger, it would be whoever he picked up next, not his. Also none of his fingerprints or dna would be left behind. The visual recorder would also never have a clear shot of his face due to the mini holo projector he employed.

Fez approaced the plain looking door of the plain looking import/export company. Slipped his hand into his pocket and without taking his passbot out keyed the 11# code. The door swung open and he stepped inside.
The office he entered to all outward apperances was just a normal looking foyer for any typical business. A man who was so bland looking no one ever remember his face , looked up and greeted fez. Ah yes sir, your ummm right on time. Please i belive you know the way?
Fez nodded a quick bob of the head and went down the hallway. Once he reached the only door at the end of the hall, he again slipped his hand into his pocket and keyed the passbot . A panel in the wall 4 feet to the left of the only door, slid back showing a dimly lit corridor leading to a staircase. Fez calmly walked down the coridor. the panel slid shut behind him. As it clicked shut He finally breathed a sigh of relief.Ahh safe at last!

Fez walked down the staircase and into his office. FEZ! a tall thin stoop shoudered man excalimed. Thought you were never going to show up! He said with a crooked grin.Ha, well it feels good to finally get back thomas i'll tell you that.
So did you get it? Yeah we have the job , take a look at this, fez said flipping him the microchip reader. Everything we need and they didn't even bat an eye at the price!
They Are going to give us the mounts as part of the agreement, Laughed fez. So looks like we need to get hopping. This job is a very tight time schedule. They are going to "give" us the mounts? Hmmm well you must have impresssed them! Yup told'em no mounts no deal. They didn't like it but i guess they really need to have a "third" party do this for them so... Fez shrugged his shoulders and grinned they caved in To be contiuned

chapter 3
 PostPosted: 0603.29:0238 Reply with quote  
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Cr. 23.5

Items

Thomas rolled back form his desk, and gave the micro disk in his hand a speculative glance. Well... your the boss fez. Fez turned from the bar and walking past his friend, slid into the chair near the corner of the room . propping his feet on the small end table in front of the chair. Yeah thats right , I 'am' da"boss". I think i have done pretty well for us so far thomas. This could be our biggest deal yet.
The risk , is there thomas, i know that. Still, if i didn't think we could pull it off i wouldn't of taken the job. Yeah i know boss, and your 100% right you have been a damm fine decsion maker. Still this , well this just looks like one of those jobs where even if you do everything right .Ya can still come out on the losing end.
You may be right there thomas. I looked this over from every angle i could think of . I belive that we can make it work and the payoff is ... Well you've seen the numbers. Every one of our crew could buy a nice little astroid somewhere and watch the universe just spin on by after this.

Uhh huh "right" thats sooo you boss ,the lazy kick backed type. I can see you now an orion slave girl at your beck and call ." PLEASE" boss save the sales pitch for the rest of the crew, or at least the newbies we have to bring back with us for the enginering section.Laughed thomas.
Yeah yeah you know me to well. Your right ," I" won't be buying any rocks soon but hmmmm a new heavy battle crusier now that kinda tickles me fancy it does! laughed fez.Ya right again boss like you'll "ever give up the Queenie! Come on boss your just killing me tonight!
Oh allright, lets knock off this crap and start crunching the real numbers here thomas. Right boss, Lets start with those launchers you say they are going to give us.
Three hours later and two pots of andorian java. they looked each other in the eye. Boss this is gonna be something i can brag to my grandchildren about! laughed thomas. Well lets hope so thomas ,lets hope so. So what do we have to do to get the power to those new launchers?
We have to reconfigure the starboard and port forward upper cargo sections boss. We need to rip out the storage bins and put in some auxpower pods.Yeah ,yeah i was afraid you'd say that. How long? If i get jessie on it as soon as we get back to the ship,"and" we can get the pods in the first place, "and" we find some engineering monkies who really do know a warp spanner from a inducer spring . mmmmm two MAYBE two and weeks boss.
Come on thomas thats gonna be cutting it awfuly damm close! You can do better than that! Fez i'm telling you two weeks.And thats only because you and i both know just how good jessie is! BUT you never heard me say that boss! I'd never live it down if she heard that i think shes the best damm crew chief this side of .... well the best

Why thomas if i didn't know you better i'd say your getting soft in your old age! laughed fez. Of course your right she can get more out of any crew she works with than any one i have ever seen. Must be those legs of hers!
Naw boss i think its her right cross! that chump jimbo never knew what hit him after his shooting off his not so smart mouth last cruise!Yup she can do it if anyone can she can. But i am still sticking to the 2 weeks boss.Ok ,ok we just have to work the weapons crew a little extra when were done. They have to be ready , more than ready they have to perfect when this the Sh**T hits the fan! Well boss jessie will have the
"Queen Anns Revenge" Ready. Count on that, sometimes i think she thinks that she owns the queenie!
to be contiuned.....

Chapter #4
 PostPosted: 0604.06:1906 Reply with quote  
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Cr. 23.5

Items

Fez took his jobs seriously, very ,very, much so. The time had come to head back . The payments were just as promised. The mounts were in route to a predetermined meting place. Thomas had aquried the replacments needed for the engineering section,and sent them on ahead.
Now all that remained to be done was to slip back to the "queenie".
She was orbiting a small moon in the acturn sector. Nobody ever went to the acturn sector . Well no one respectable! It was well known that only the roughest and toughest would be anywhere near the acturn sector.
The federation could not operate there due to the fact it lay in a netural zone. Right between three star empires that really didn't trust one anthor.That of course is putting it mildly. The romulans actually hated the gorns more than the feds, if that was possible. For the gorns the feeling was mutual.They also never fully trusted the federation. Even after the "kirk" incident. Or maybe because of the "kirk" incident.
The federation of course not only didn't trust the romulans but were always waitng for some "underhanded romulan ploy" . To renew open old wounds. They also honstly wanted better relations with the gorns. Except they were insulted .By the stiff rebuttals, to thier diplomatic offers. To enter into a less combative stance along thier borders.

So the acturn sector which was filled with uncounted and even better unmapped astroids. Several smaller plantary systems. And one exremely large radation zone. Became a natural free haven for many of the lesser welcomed "merchants" of the universe. One might even say pirates. Of course none of the bordering empires ascribed in "public".That they would allow pirates so near thier borders! No of course not!! And of course none of the three would ever admit.
That in fact having such ummm unsavory chacters operating so near thier oppents borders . Gave each of them excellent recources to employ, in well lets say information gathering missons. After all if the "merchants "were caught gathering such information. Deniablity was perfect. Who would you belive? A pirate or a star empire ?
In the end an uneasy , and deniable compact evolved. For the "merchants" a we don't tell them what you have so you leave us alone. For the three empires a hey we won't hunt you down. And of course any information you "happen' to aquire may be profitable.
Yes every news agency new perfectly well what the true nature of the acturn sector was. But hey it sure was an almost never ending source for "headline" caliber stories. to be continued

Chapter 5
 PostPosted: 0604.15:1903 Reply with quote  
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Cr. 23.5

Items

Edgar bernstien looked up over the report he held in his hand. Looking at the Lt commander squirming in the chair, oppsite his desk.
Well? He growled ,how just how in the HELL did he get away this time?
Umm ah welllll sir . You see apparantly he knew about our survelance teams.
Oh really LT, ya think! Sir yes sir he must have!
Yes, comander i realize that, i didn't get these clusters from sitting around under a oak tree waitng for them to fall you know! Ok, ok lets go over this from the start.

An hour latter, edgar watched the back of the young Lt comander, as it walked out his office door. When the door clicked shut. He leaned back in his chair and grinned. A look of remembrance came to his eyes. God was i ever that green? ...Yes i guess we all were.
Well at least they had a few leads to work from. #1 Fez had met with a Eva Von Stubing. That much was pretty certain even though they didn't catch him with her they had manged to retrace her steps . They had found that she had been seen at the Streaking Comet. Fezs favorite water hole.
#2 They knew she was a agent in the employ of the Tal Shair .
#3 They were certain fez was no longer on the starbase.
#4 They knew, or at least were fairly certain, Fez had headed back to his ship. .
Now put the puzzle togther. Ah how he wished he could do that ! Except for the missing pieces. Edgar was beginning to glimpse a picture. An unpleasent picture it seemed to be too. He knew that the romulans wanted the services of Fez. He knew that it had something to do with the Federaion. He knew or least thought he knew where Fezs ship was .

Since Fez specality was information and salvage ops. Edgar was a puzzled as to why the romulans would risk contacting him while he was at a federation starbase!? Why not wait? Why indeed! This pointes to a need for urgency. Something needed doing. Something needed doing right away. But what?????

Edgar closed the file on his desk. Well tomorrow is anthor day he muttered to himself. He could only do so much with the young fools they had given him to work with!
No, no that wan't fair. They wern't fools, just young and green like he was once. So now it was time to take the tube home. Greet the wife with a smile assure her that all was well in the universe. As long as he was on the job! Laughing Ah i wish i only felt so sure myself! Tomrrow.....
To be continued.

Chapter 6
 PostPosted: 0604.19:0453 Reply with quote  
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Cr. 23.5

Items

So our timetable is still valid? We won't have to juggle any of the missions presets? No we have the , ummmm operative on his way to his ship as we speak, and we have disposed of the only person with any knowledge that the federation could question.

Excellent work comander, Lurcell Turoz, spun around on his chair to face the young sub comander. Standing as stiff as a board in front of his desk. Yes most sastisfactory indeed. Your sure the Von strubing ,woman is no longer an,issue?
Yes , i have seen the disc that out agent made of her disposal. There is no doubt sir! Also our agent has exited federation space sir And has confirmed.Both, that our shipments to mr talon ,have been delivered. And that he has safealy reached the acturn sector. So mr Talon should reach his ship shortly if indeed he has not already.

You don't know if he is at his ship?! Said turoz with a scowl on his face.
Umm ahh, stammered the young comander .
Well no sir, that is you see sir we could only confirm his acceptance of our cargo for him and his departure, to the Acturn sector. Once he enetered the sector well, we didn't dare follow him in there sir! We couldn't very well let ourselves be seen in that sector sir!
You are aware that our ships have cloaking devices !! Aren't you comander?! Rolling Eyes Yes sir of course sir but you see they went staight into the von allen belt sir!
Very well commander i see, the radation there would have proved most difficult for our cloaking devices. In the mean time i want you ensure that the target is still operating where we want it !
Yes sir! Anything else sir? Yes .yes there is that little factor of the dipolmatic pouch we need to take care of.

Yes sir the embassy has been informed, they are working out the details of that operation sir . They feel it should not present any problems sir. They are quite confident that they will be able to arrange everything to appear just as you requested sir!
Yes well then that will be all comander, dismissed. Lurcell, spun back around in his chair waving his hand in a shooing away gesture. The young sub comander smartly about faced and withdrew from his commanders office.

Once out side the door, he inhaled deeply! Whew, he suspected he would never be comfortable around his commander. But at least this time he had gotten a a well done out of the old bastard! And he had done a good job too . He knew he had. He done everything that needed doing . So far!
Now If the target would just coperate , if the embassy kept it's promises, if Fez talon was succesful, If the federation did't catch on to thier plans before it was to late . If ,if,if . Life in the Tal Shair! It was never dull!
Then again if boredom was what he wanted he should of stayed at the academy and remained in teaching subterfuge to the freshman class. Yes this was better, if this plan came togther .Then he have his full commision soon ,and he would. Get his wish .To go aboard one of the new cruisers as the poli officer! Yes If, if, if.
to be contiuned.

Page 1 of 1