Knight's Armor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Knights Who Gamealot Forum Index » ICON (Long Island) View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you interested in a KwG hat or shirt
Yep
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
Nope
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Yep - other item (post it)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Knight's Armor
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:34 pm Reply with quote  
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cr.

Fellow knights,

A question... I really liked the t-shirts that Payne made for the group last year for Icon. I was wondering if, perhaps, this year we could use that great idea and take it a step further.

If we get ahead of things (aka right away) perhaps (if all are agreeable) we could use the logo and "let's roll" slogan and embroider it on to a hat and/or polo shirts, or otherwise make a nice piece of armor for a knight to wear to both conventions as well as when out carousing or attacking castles.

I would like to know (first off) what Payne is planning (if anything) for this year and then (secondly) to see if there is any way I can help.

Please vote so we can ascertain interest in this. If there is enough interest - we can start pricing to see if this is really feasible or not (price wise).

Thanks very much, and happy holidays.

"Why can't you just be a non-conformist, like everyone else."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Apprentice
Jedi Apprentice

Cr.

Hey,
I hadn't started thinking about another design just yet, since it is the holidays and all but since you bring it up, I agree we should get on the ball and brainsorm a few new ideas. the "Let's Roll" phrase is easily understood and recognized by any and all dice related rpg ers. So all ideas should be brought up and submitted, and of course our famous tally of votes and discussion should decide what we want this year.Hoping to hear from everyone on this subject

Caio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote  
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cr.

Gentlemen,

I got some quick pricing this weekend. It appears that here in NH, the base price for a polo shirt (decent quality) plus the embroidery is approximately $30-40. This value is subject to change due to a digitizing charge (digital translation for the embroidery machine) of $50 that should be spread out amongst all buyers. It's a one time charge.

Ballcaps. General price range is going to be between $15 - $25 per hat. Toward that high end if we get "Let's Roll" and a bag of dice on the back.

In my opinion the hats are probably a better item to start with. Less color choice etc.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:07 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Location: Third star to the right and straight on till morning.
Cr.

Gentlemen????

Anyway, I'm up for either or both.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:22 am Reply with quote  
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cr.

Sorry Artemis - was addressing the "gentlemen" comment to the others - my apologies. Wink

Further amplification on proposed design:

1. Shirt would have embroidered, on the left breast, the bag of dice image and above it would be the slogan "Let's Roll". Underneath the image would be the group name "The Knights Who Gamealot" in a text format similar to the logo above.

2. Hat would have the logo above (look to the top left corner of this screen) embroidered on the front. On the back would be a small version of the bag of dice and the "Let's Roll" slogan above it.

We need to get moving on this as soon as possible after the holidays to ensure we have enough time for design, purchase and production.

Please vote as above. Thanks to those who have already voted. Very Happy

Happy holidays to all.

Coinich

Knight's Armor
 PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:29 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

You might want to check out www.cafepress.com for competing prices.

The advantages are:
No set up fees
No minimum purchases. If 3 people want shirts now and another one does later, it's not an issue.
Wider selection of merchandise available once you upload your digital images. For example, mugs, steins, a wide variety of clothing styles, magnets, etc.

Potential advantage (if you choose to accept it):
The way Cafepress works is that basically you set up a "store." It's free, too. The advantage to this is that you could sell your items to people outside the official group. But that leads to ...

Potential disadvantage:
If you want to keep things exclusive, you can't do that on Cafepress. The closest you can get is allowing items for only a limited amount of time, but even then, you can't control who you sell to. If someone from Kansas browsing CafePress wants a Game-a-lot t-shirt and orders it while it's available, nothing can stop them.

Mixed situation:
Technically, the Knights Who Game-a-lot store would make money off each purchase. CafePress takes its cut and pays every month based on your store's purchases. The are no rules about how often purchases need to be made to keep a store active. I know someone who has had a CafePress store for years and really the only purchases were in the first couple of months. It's still there.

Anyway, that's a mixed blessing because who gets the money? Since our administrator is footing the bill for this Web site, I'd vote for any money made to go toward his costs, but, if the store generated sales from gamers past a certain point, it might raise issues the legal types around here could better answer.

Question mark:
I have no idea if embroided shirts are available. I doubt it -- but could be wrong. They do, however, have polo-style shirts.

I've bought several items from CafePress and the quality for each item was very good.

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:30 am Reply with quote  
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cr.

Morgan,

Thanks VERY much for the info. I just took a look and I like it. I did not, however, see anything embroidered - which is a potential downfall - but only in that one area.

I would very much consider both cafepress AND embroidery. I still want to consider the embroidery aspect - if only because it tends to last a lot longer than silkscreening/printing. And again, once we do have something on file - it remains on file with no further setup costs.

I wouldn't mind having (eventually) a button or mug that has the KWG stuff on it - and cafepress looks like just the place to do it.

Opinions are desired on this matter - PLEASE.

Knight's Armor
 PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:09 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

Silk-screened images seem to last longer if they're not too big or if they're done like the ICON shirts where it's a black line design on top of the shirt's regular color. The larger the image, the greater chance of it cracking.

You might want to write CafePress and suggested embroidered designs. They might not have considered it. It's all done by machine today anyway.

CafePress has a lot of cool options, including license plate holders. You can't use images on them, just words, but you could do "Let's Roll" at the top and "Knights Who Game-a-Lot" on the bottom. I think -- but could be wrong -- they allow more characters on the bottom. I have 2 license plate holders from CafePress (but only one is on my car because the front license plate mounting is annoying) and they're metal, not plastic, so they're nicely made.

CafePress even does clocks.

While I'm recommending Web sites, you might want to look into www.lasermonks.com for printer ink and toner. It's run by a real order of Cistarian monks and their prices are fabulous for both brand name and off-brand cartridges. Any money beyond what is needed to run the monastery is given to charity and they designate different charities on their Web site every month. They also have office supplies but those require a minimum order; printer cartridges don't.

"We walk in dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no one may pass. We live for the One. We die for the One."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:54 pm Reply with quote  
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cr.

OK,

At this point in the game there appears to be enough interest (at least for this year) in embroidered apparel.

Is LukDev, or anyone else on the site who is graphically enclined, willing to spend some time cleaning up and/or designing a logo for us to embroider on either a hat and/or shirt? I would need several designs to allow maximum flexibility.

Regards,

Coinich

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:40 am Reply with quote  
Jedi Apprentice
Jedi Apprentice

Cr.

I'll see what I can come up with Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:45 am Reply with quote  
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cr.

Thanks JackPayne. The more detailed and large the photo - the easier it is to manipulate and use. Also - if possible can you do one with a clear background and one with a dark.

Gracias.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:30 pm Reply with quote  
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cr.

Jackpayne and LukeDev75: If possible, could I ask for a semi-deadline for submission of text/artwork? I would like to have designs and recommendations by the end of next week so that I can work on them with the company - to ensure that we have the lead time to complete the project.

If I could get LukeDev to make me one or two versions of the lettering of Knights Who Gamealot.

For the both of you... If I could get a couple versions of the logo (like the one we had on our shirts last year and the shield like above) and then we would also need the dice bag and "Let's Roll" portion as well.

Thanks

Coinich

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:52 pm Reply with quote  
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cr.

In addition to the logo graphics I need, I wanted to submit another possible item as well.

Simple pencils - blue colored (or whatever we want) - with white text on each bevel that reads (and I'm just playing around here)...

Bevel 1: The Knights who Gamealot
Bevel 2: www.coinich.com/gamealot/
Bevel 3:
Bevel 4: Thanks for playing with me at I-CON.
Bevel 5:

The minimum lot size for any pencil order that I've found - is 500 pencils. At .17 cents per pencil (pre-sharpened) - that's $85.00 before shipping. Shipping is expected to run around $10. So let's say $100 for pencils. I was thinking of making the ICON text non-year specific to allow us to pass them out each year after as well.

Any thoughts on this? It's about the cheapest "promotional" item that I can find.

Anybody willing to help share the cost on this - in addition to / or not - your hat or shirt?

ICON - comin' up soon!

Coinich

Knight's Armor
 PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:21 am Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

Well, that would definitely solve the problem of players not having writing implements.

It could be a good promotional item but, to play devil's advocate, do you really need it?

Also, if there's any possibility of GMing at other events, do you want ICON listed? Or am I over-thinking this?

I'd suggest "Let's roll" as the third bevel, if you want another line.

However, I would suggest rephrasing the text on the fourth bevel -- unless you want a lot of rude comments. Maybe "Thanks for joining us at ICON" or "Thanks for playing our games at ICON" would leave less openings for those with filthy minds. Not that I have anything against them, having one myself. Just wasn't sure if you want to put that on an innocent pencil.

And yes, Jack, I know no pencil is truly innocent but that's a discussion for another day...

"We walk in dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no one may pass. We live for the One. We die for the One."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Knights Who Gamealot Forum Index » ICON (Long Island)

Page 1 of 1