USS Quasar
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Knights Who Gamealot Forum Index » Task Force 16 View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the USS Quasar ICON game be part of the continuity of our regularly scheduled Thursday night adventures?
Yes: It should be part of the campaign
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
Neutral: It doesn
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
No: It should not be part of the campaign
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

USS Quasar
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote  
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cr.

As a group, unlike the ICON mission involving most of the Task Force and the Admiral, we did not take an

Waitin' for the eastern glow.

Last edited by LukeDev75 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:23 pm Reply with quote  
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cr.

My vote is a Neutral one. I believe all of the characters played they way they would have whether it was part of the ongoing campaign or not. I know that Captain Andrews acted the way the character would act with respect to

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:55 pm Reply with quote  
Youngling
Youngling

Cr.

Well I guess you kow my thoughts- I would prefer to have it in regular continuity- I do however do not agree with the travel mode. My thoughts and Bills did differ on that one- I had a place in mind where to send the ship and once there it would not time travel or jump around. I pictured it more like Voyager (without suckie story lines) That way its keep the game pretty much the same as traveling and method used. Anybody would be able to run a game that way. As for the time era- again I always thought current game time- so if we ever wanted to bring them home we could. I just think it would be interesting to have game away from federation space- How would we survive- would we stick to starfleet rules.. so we shall see -Spoon out

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

I think the poll question was stated incorrectly.

The question should be whether or not (Yes) the Quasar should remain in Voyager mode from now on , or (No) we should wrap things up and return her to TF16 and continue on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:15 am Reply with quote  
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Location: Third star to the right and straight on till morning.
Cr.

I voted no. I agree with Joe on the point that where we are is in question. If there were a definite point where we were I may change my point of view.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:47 am Reply with quote  
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cr.

Justin Chase wrote:
I think the poll question was stated incorrectly.

The question should be whether or not (Yes) the Quasar should remain in Voyager mode from now on , or (No) we should wrap things up and return her to TF16 and continue on.

The question is stated correctly: Is the ICON game part of the normal Task Force 16 game or not. Resolution of the "jump" event needs to be determined. As both Joe and Brother Artemis stated, there are different possibilities to the resolution regarding heading "home". The way that can occurr should be based on the primary GMs, Joe and garethvincere, who setup the adventurea and how the "monster' works. I would like the groups input on 'how to resolve' and hope those two GMs listen to the group suggestions.

Throughout the Convention going games, there have been games that "do not count" and therefore never happen. Therefore they do not become part of the ongoing campaign world.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:34 am Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

I'm just saying, out of respect for the GM's who worked so hard to make an interesting game, we as a group should not dismiss the mission altogether.
Instead we should either finish it, or continue the Voyager theme, depending on how the group feels about it.
Wouldn't that be more fair to GarithVincere & Joe?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:43 am Reply with quote  
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cr.

Justin Chase wrote:
I'm just saying, out of respect for the GM's who worked so hard to make an interesting game, we as a group should not dismiss the mission altogether.
Instead we should either finish it, or continue the Voyager theme, depending on how the group feels about it.
Wouldn't that be more fair to GarithVincere & Joe?

I agree that the GMs worked hard and delivered a good game. Prior to ICON we did not vote on whether the Quasar ICON Game would be part of the campaign world.

This is the chance to vote on it. This is not about the resolution of the adventure. It is about whether the group wishes to count the events of that game to be part of our campaign world or not.

Did it happen - Yes or No or I don't care.

Then, like you are saying, make a suggestion on how to resolve the newly displaced vessel. I gave a suggestion and Joe hinted he may have a different resolution. So the question still stands:

Is the ICON game part of the normal Task Force 16 game or not. ?

Where to start
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:36 pm Reply with quote  
Youngling
Youngling

Cr.

HERES SOMTHING. WHAT DETERMINES A GAME IS CONTINUITY. IS IT THAT A MAJORITY OF THE CHARACTERS WERE PLAYED BY THERE OWNERS? IS IT THAT HE GAME WAS PLAYED BY THE RULES OR IS IT SIMPLY THAT SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE RESULTS .
I HAVE PLAYED GAMES WHERE I HATED THE RESULTS ie EDS IMPOSSIBLE ESCAPE AND THE DEATH OF THE SAMURAI YET IVE NEVER QUESTIONED CONTINUITY OR ASKED FOR A VOTE. THIS GAME IS BASED ON A GROUP OF PEOPLE PLAYING AND HAVING FUN EVERYONE SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE A SAY IN MATTERS OF IMPORTANCE. WE ATTEMPTED TO CREATE A SCENARIO THAT ANYONE CAN USE TO FURTHER ROLL PLAYING FUN IF IT HAS FAILED TO PASS COMMITTEE THEN FINE THROW THE IDEA AWAY. THIS IS EVERYONES GAME ALL SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE A SAY. IT IS SAID THAT THE CORE GROUP IN OUR GAME IS CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS AND ITS THERE WORLD. I REJECT THAT IDEA WE HAVE ALL SACRIFICED AND DONATED TIME TO THIS GAME AND WE SHOULD ALL HAVE A SAY IN WHAT HAPPENS IN ALL MATTERS. FROM NOW ON MAYBE ALL GAMES SHOULD BE VOTED ON TO MAKE IT FAIR???? LASTLY I SUBMITTED THIS GAME IDEA LONG BEFORE THE CON IT WAS APPROVED AND FOUND TO BE ACCEPTABLE TO RUN SO WHY NOW THAT A MAJOR CHANGE HAS BEEN MADE TO ONE SHIP IN THE FLEET OF MANY DOES IT RECEIVE SO MUCH SCRUTINY. MY VOTE IS FOR THIS GAME TO BE IN CONTINUITY AND LET MAJORITY RULE. I APOLOGIZE FOR MY HUBRIS TO THE GODS OF THIS UNIVERSE.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:47 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

Since the question won't change, my vote will.

I vote Yes and remove my no vote, making it 6 to 4 so far, in favor of (yes).

Last edited by Justin Chase on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

VOTING PROCEDURE
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:54 pm Reply with quote  
Youngling
Youngling

Cr.

YOU MUST ACTUALLY VOTE ON THE POLL FOR IT TO COUNT I ASSUME JUST SO THERE IS A FAIR ACCOUNTING. SO FAR 8 HAVE VOTED THE OPTION TO VOTE IS ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE HOME PACE OR AT THE TOP OF THE TOPIC PAGE

This is an opportunity!
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote  
Padowan
Padowan

Cr.

I voted to keep the I-Con Scenario. The Cardassian War timeline has already limited too much our flexibility in creating new scenarios. I look forward to the day when we pass the canon timeline and have the freedom to go in any direction we like. At least until then, let's keep the Quasar in a new and interesting place. Also. we should ABSOLUTELY NOT give random chance the ability to determine where the Quasar is. If someone spends time making a scenario, it isn't fair to have the scenario before him totally change the situation and ruin all that work. We should not bring the Quasar back until all scenarios written for it are completed.

Mystopheles Limerick #14

Damned Gul De-Sac junior was mad,
and claimed the supplies that we had.
To add to his woes,
we bloodied his nose,
but couldn

Re: VOTING PROCEDURE
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

garethvincere wrote:
YOU MUST ACTUALLY VOTE ON THE POLL FOR IT TO COUNT I ASSUME JUST SO THERE IS A FAIR ACCOUNTING. SO FAR 8 HAVE VOTED THE OPTION TO VOTE IS ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE HOME PACE OR AT THE TOP OF THE TOPIC PAGE

I did vote, and now I'm changing it to Yes, or did you not get that.
Now there is only 4 votes for (No) and 6 for (Yes) and (1) neutral.

That's (11) votes altogether.

Even if everybody votes, it will still be a (Yes) by the majority.

Last edited by Justin Chase on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:39 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:53 pm Reply with quote  
Youngling
Youngling

Cr.

Ok wow I never thought this would be open to such debate. I understand there may be some confusion of where the Quasar went and if its in the same time or timeline.

Now going in I did have specific ideas of what I wanted to accomplish in the game. One of the end results was always that this deal would have been made with the aliens. Like all the games we play anything can happen and as we know often does. Bill and I did decide if the game went this route we would end the con game there and continue it after the con ( like a cliff hanger) Bills idea was more like quantum leap where my idea was more Voyager like.

At the time the game we had planned was more important and not the possible end result of making the Quasar lost in space. So with that in mind we let the game end at the con after the deal was reached.

So my thoughts alwasy were that if we ended up where we are now- that the Quasar would still find itself in the same time period but on the other side of the Beta Quadrant- on the border between the Beta and Delta Quadrant about 50,000 light years from the center of the universe. Doing research on the shows and where the federation has been I do believe this was unexplored territory.

I hope that clears up some of the questions and concerns of anybody.

REMBMBER VOTE YES ON ARTICLE 13 (or whatever it is)

Re: VOTING PROCEDURE
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:58 pm Reply with quote  
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cr.

Justin Chase wrote:
garethvincere wrote:

I did vote, and now I'm changing it to Yes, or did you not get that.
Now there is only 2 votes for (No) and 6 for (Yes) and (1) neutral.

That's (9) votes if you add them altogether, not 8.

Even if everybody votes, it will still be a (Yes) by magority.

You will have to check with the Administrator (coinich) to see if he can change your vote on the actual polling question.

Coinich?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Knights Who Gamealot Forum Index » Task Force 16

Page 1 of 2