The Unofficial Mission of the USS DAMOCLES.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Knights Who Gamealot Forum Index » Task Force 16 View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Unofficial Mission of the USS DAMOCLES.
 PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

This game is being played on-line with non-TF16 members and may not be considered game history in the end.
Since I may not be the only one going through RPG withdrawal, I thought I'd share some of it with you guys.

Starfleet Intelligence Report:

After reports that Archduke Ven-Gel Sakura of the Sion council of twelve had passed on, his granddaughter, Lt.An-Gel Sakura,
diverted the USS DAMOCLES to planet Sion to confirm these reports on her own with no extra crew aboard. She was denied permission
to land and was turned away over a month ago.

It has now been confirmed that the USS DAMOCLES must have somehow landed on planet Sion undetected and has been hidden there for several weeks.
The whereabouts of Lt.Sakura and the USS DAMOCLES is still unknown to the local authorities as well as Starfleet Intelligence, but a coded message was
sent out by the Lieutenant three days ago confirming her grandfather's secret assassination by the Ministry of Peace.

How Lt.An-Gel Sakura and the USS DAMOCLES got past the planetary shielding and the local space patrols, still remains a mystery and
will make sending her any backup impossible at this time. She's on her own for now.

For anyone who was interested in knowing how Lt.An-Gel got passed the Sion planetary defenses without being detected,
she flew the USS DAMOCLES over the fifth planet's magnetic pole and slipped under and attached her ship to the bottom
of a larger supply ship on it's way to Sion.

Unofficially, An-Gel has been using her skills and future-sight abilities to evade the Ministry of Peace and infiltrate the House of Nobles,
while gathering allies and uniting the Uencarran underground resistance.

Last edited by Justin Chase on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:46 am Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

The second gaming session dealt with An-Gel's home-world and went on for two weeks, and so far
she has liberated files from within the Ministry of Peace showing her grandfather was assassinated by their people.
This was done in hopes of eliminating the last Uencarran off the council of twelve and because of his earlier predictions
of a Federation officer bringing on the collapse of the present Sonjieon ruling government.

It was this prediction and the Ministry's interpretation of it's meaning that brought on the signing of the non-aggression pact
with the Dominion and the breaking away from the Federation in the first place. At first they interpreted it to mean that the
Federation would lose the war and take planet Sion down with them, but now they believe that the Federation will be after them
for making the pact in the first place. The Ministry of Peace is doing everything in their power to prevent this prophecy from coming true,
and once again it seems that every step they take to avoid it, only brings it closer to self-fulfillment. Rolling Eyes

An-Gel has also started gaining allies within the YSER, Young Sonjien Equal Rights movement. This group is of the mind set that
both races should live as one with their equal right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

An-Gel finally located the sword of truth in the hands of Ministry of Peace, but was unable to retrieve it herself as of yet.
She did however get a copy of the prophecy engraved on the blade.

"Only truth can slay the beast of many faces, but beware the unrighteous, for they themselves may become what they seek to slay."

Not sure how this is going to aid her in her quest yet.

The council of twelve is holding a meeting in three days to name a new Archduke of Sakura and claiming that the Ministry of Peace has found
a Sonjieon member of the House of Gel who is next in line for the head of the Sakura clan.

Since the House of Gel has never interbred with anything other than purebred Uencarrah, this should be interesting to say the least.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

After sneaking into the House of Nobles the night before the meeting, An-Gel hid inside the air-ducts until an hour before.
She then infiltrated the meeting room as a Sonjieon reporter.

Using a tricorder, Lt.Sakura determined that the Sonjieon they said was a member of the House of Gel was not a DNA match.
Sakura clan yes, but not from the Gel family. When they made their announcement that Mon-Gel was the next in line, An-Gel tore
off her wig and Stated "I am the Baroness An of the noble house of Gel, granddaughter of Archduke Ven-Gel of the great clan of Sakura
and I am his only direct descendent!"

At that moment she got a vision of her heart about to be telekinetically stopped by a Ministry of Peace agent.
She felt her heart being squeezed before she could find out who it was, but at the last second she found the two of them
and stopped them by turning them on each other mentally. An-Gel made the stronger assassin take down the other.

After all was said and done, the reporters got to broadcast the whole thing live.
Uencarrans exist, the Ministry was exposed for the fraud and assassination attempt, and Archduchess An-Gel is now being considered
for her grandfather's post on the council. She doesn't want to take the job, but it would help her people if An-Gel did join the council of twelve.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:10 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

Personal Crisis:

"Have you ever done something you can never take back? I mean something that goes against everything you stand for?

After several attempts on my life by the Ministry of Peace, they finally went all out and came at me in force. Ten of their best
trained Psi-Cop assassins stormed my bedroom and tried to kill me. No longer concerned with making it look like an accident,
they blasted their way in and attacked. After dodging the first volley of lasers and psychic blasts, I was still too far away from
my phaser, and I was forced to do something unforgivable. I mind blasted the area with the word "DIE!!!" and eight of them
dropped dead on the spot. I can't believe I did it, or that it worked at all. With two remaining killers to go, I tackled them both
and held them down and sank my teeth into the big one.

I knocked out the last one and dragged him down to the lobby and asked for the police and a room cleaning.
Expecting to go to jail, I was surprised to find out that the local police had no love for the Ministry and was on my side.
The fear on everybody's face when they saw the room filled with bodies made me realize why they still view us Uencarrans as
monsters and I couldn't stop the tears from flowing out. I wasn't crying, but the tears came all the same.

Why am I trying so hard to bring us together as a planet when it is so clear we should be somewhere else for our own
protection and for the Sonjieon's as well? I can still taste his blood in my mouth and I want more. It was the first time
I have ever tasted Sonjieon in my 51yrs of life and I'm having a hard time blocking it out of my mind. I am a monster
and I need to leave before I succumb to the cravings of fresh meat."

In this RPG, she tried to knock two of them out with a hypnotic suggestion that was suppose to fain death, but
I rolled the dice very badly or extremely well if you consider she was going to die. The results were unexpected
to say the least, since she was only able to effect one person at a time in the past.

The other leaders of the resistance were not as lucky and the assassins that attacked them, killed over 52% of them that same night.
That of course is player knowledge and Lt.An-Gel Sakura, the character, doesn't know of their deaths as of yet.

Lt.Sakura is having trouble processing the sheer magnitude of her guilt after that trauma and she is breaking down
emotionally as a side effect of seeing the inner monster of her Uencarran self. Her instincts kicked in and she saw first hand
what happens if she doesn't keep it in check, every moment of every day. That coupled with the fact that she now must use her
remaining courage points she has left to fight off the addiction to fresh blood that all the Uencarrans must struggle with as
part of their carnivore nature.

Last edited by Justin Chase on Wed May 30, 2012 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:22 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!

After the details of the assassination attempt on An the Archduchess of Gel was made public, the media had a field day.
The myth started to grow. They are calling An-Gel "the one true Uencarran" after seeing how she dispatched that army
of assassins single-handedly.

Groups of people on both sides are banding together and speaking out against the Ministry of Peace, and saying that
the end of the oppression is near now that there is someone who can't be taken down by their Psi-Cops.
Sonjeions who fear her kind and those who support equal treatment alike seem to be rallying behind this girl called An-Gel

Archduke Cue-Gar Akane showed his support by saying "Maybe the only way to take on the monsters we built ourselves is
with a monster we try so hard to bury in our past". Shortly later on that evening he died under mysterious circumstances.

Meanwhile Lt.An-Gel Sakura has been trying hard to come to grips with what she has done. As she meditates and tries to
overcome the blood fever that drinking has induced, her mind is now at war with the ancient desire to hunt and feed.
Stabbing herself with a pen knife on occasion helps to snap her back, but only for as long as the pain lasts. Licking her own
blood from the wounds seems to help lessen the beast from within and she slowly remembers who and what she is.

"I am Uencarran. I acknowledge that the beast is within me and give the respect due to its power, for the moment I forget to do so, is the moment
that I lose myself to its will and become its slave."
An-Gel thought her teachings out loud, "I am a daughter of Sion and I will be one with the Universe".
An-Gel took the words to heart as in the days her grandfather had said them to her the first time and started to replace the walls of discipline in her mind.
After a day and a half she had found herself and started on her mission. The beast was not gone, but it was now under her control and being harnessed
to a high purpose.

"Ministry of Peace,........ The Storm is Coming!" her thoughts projected as she moved forward.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:24 pm Reply with quote  
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cr.

Keep the story coming. It is nice to see and wouldn't mind see other short stories elsewhere on the site.

Waitin' for the eastern glow.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:52 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

While you wait, may I introduce...

...the newly named Archduchess An of the noble house of Gel of the great clan of Sakura.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:46 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

Update:

After gathering her forces, An-Gel arranged for some subspace communications to be made. She contacted the three colony worlds
where the USS Endeavor had encountered the surviving Uencarran settlements in the last six months, and started to arrange for them to
come back to Sion. An-Gel explained that they would be taking back their government from the secret hold that the Ministry of Peace
seemed to have gain over their world in the last few centuries.

Using Lt.Sakura's contacts in Task Force 16, She gathered five starship captains and their vessels who she had gained favor with in her
twelve year career in Starfleet. Being an admin and JAG officer, had given her many opportunities to meet a grease the right doors over
the years. Bureaucracy was a game she hated, but her world had well prepared her for. Finally the skills she learned from the Sonjieons
would be the very skills that would save her people and liberate her world.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

Update:

Mission ended and there is too much to tell , so I'll sum up for now.

Successfully raided the Ministry of Peace archives and grabbed the sword of truth this time, as well as the hidden history of Sion.

Discovered:
1) Sword of truth was made from a crashed ship hull from a race known as the Preservers millions of years ago.
2) The Sonjieons are not originally from Sion, but were transplanted there by the Preservers to save them from extinction.
Uencarrans were close to the same biology and it was figured that the Sonjieons would survive on Sion due to there rapid breeding.
It was also the plan that Uencarrans would keep the population in check. Truth is not always a good thing.
3) Over 9,000,000 Uencarrah are hidden underground in Dielthium mines and were used as slave labor for over 800 yrs. , so Uencarrans are
not as endangered as was first believed.

An-Gel and the S.A.F.E. (Sion Army for Freedom and Equality), led the raid on the mines and freed the slaves.

All out war to dissemble the Ministry of Peace was declared and we won. Half of the MOP were killed, some went underground and
the rest left Sion.

Power was restored to the House of Nobles and it was agreed that An-Gel would take her grandfather's place in the house.

An-gel Sakura set up her Uncle as her proxy while she returned to Starfleet.
The reasons she gave for doing so were, so that ...
1) they can learn from the universe around them,
2) patch up their relations with the Federation, so later down the line they might rejion the Federation,
3) An-gel decided she needed time away from her own people while she tried to fully overcome her blood fever.
Her sins were still fresh in her mind and she believed that it would be safer for all if she were not there.

Even as her planet praised her as the perfect role-mold for all of Sion, the truth of what she had unleashed inside her still haunts
An-Gel's very soul. "I can't stay. I'm a monster and I need to leave before they see what I've become," she thought.
Lt.Sakura will need to undergo much more mental training before she is ever ready to come home again.

As She heals, so will Sion.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

Lt.An-Gel Sakura and the USS DAMOCLES are now assigned to the Galaxy class USS CHALLENGER.
CAPT.T'Lar was given a new ship, and once again he insisted An-Gel and a hand full of others come with him.
Her desk was moved into the captain's room just like before to better assist him on a day to day basis.

AND NOW THE BAD NEWS...

As a consequence of drinking fresh Sonjieon blood in the Sion civil war, An-Gel's visions have temporarily spiked and been
more intense. There were a few days there where she lost her sight and went blind and could only see several possible futures.
Like her mother before her, her visions had blocked out her normal sight while this happened.

She has mostly recovery since then, but An-gel saw things she never wanted to see from her distant future self.
One such event was standing over her husbands grave while wearing a captain's uniform.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWVL8KanY58&feature=player_embedded#!

After many debriefings, Lt.Sakura was neither demoted or promoted for her off the books mission.
The whole incident was treated as an internal planetary civil struggle, and was deemed of
non Federation jurisdiction. Although any credit for stabilizing that sector of space was quickly
claimed by her Task Force Admiral, as if it was his idea to send An-Gel there in the first place. Rolling Eyes
Now a new Admiral has taken his place after his promotion.

Meanwhile, An-Gel continues to feels the effects of blood withdrawal fever every now and then in her sleep.
It's a slow process, but getting better.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:35 am Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

Hopefully this adventure wraps up any loose ends of the Sion saga and
we will not have to come back.

Any thoughts on this online story? All comments are welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:19 am Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

Lt.Sakura now has a crew for her USS Damocles. - Talon class

OPS - Lt Jg Starbuck - Human
Sci - Lt Jg Daina Kanlum - Human
Sec - Ens N'Tana - Human/Klingon
Med - Petty Officer 2nd Class Venra Thel - Andorian
CHENG - Petty Officer 2nd Class Alfred Bester - Human

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

Sci - Lt Jg Daina Kanlum is a counselor and not a space scientist, like Lt. An-Gel Sakura requested.
It was a surprise to her to say the least. Did Starfleet know of the resent struggles with her inner demons?

Since that day, Daine has prove herself a great diplomat and a valued member of the crew.
Could this be the one person An-Gel can finally open up to? As it stands, An-Gel has been having
trouble dealing with her blood fever and she needs to get help before it effects her life in Starfleet.

Her resent boar hunt has helped to lessen the cravings for Sonjion blood. Maybe it was the hunting
instinct, or the fresh blood of a lower lifeform. Ether way, she needs to end this permanently, and
She needs someone she can count on to keep it hush hush. Support like that is hard to find though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Knights Who Gamealot Forum Index » Task Force 16

Page 1 of 1