Start Trek 40th Anniversary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Knights Who Gamealot Forum Index » McIntyre's Lounge View previous topic :: View next topic  
Start Trek 40th Anniversary
 PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:44 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

It was 40 years ago that a very low rated, but highly critically acclaimed series called Star Trek premiered on September 8th 1966.

I think we all know what happened after then...

Star Trek geek that I am, all I can say is Happy Birthday and thanks for 40 years of great memories.

Live Long and Prosper!

e-Bob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:52 pm Reply with quote  
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Cr.

As far as the spin-offs go:

-Next Gen: Seven seasons - nice! Overall, an outstanding and worthy successor to the original.

-DS9: I kind of lost touch with it somewhere in the middle. DS9 was kind of a rip-off of B5 anyway (NOTE: B5 was pitched to Paramount a FULL YEAR before DS9. Paramount rejected it. Then along comes DS9...hmmm). DS9 was not only a phenominal show in its own right, but probably the most original of the spinoffs.

-Voyager: Generally, I liked it. When it was good, it was absolutely outstanding, but when it was bad, it was cringe inducing. I also loved the idea of a woman as a Captain, and Kathryn Janeway was (and is) a phenominal role model.

-Enterprise: Once again, I watched it in the beginning then lost interest.

In a way, I'm glad that the ST Franchise is in stasis now. Perhaps someone will come along with an entirely different realization of the ST Universe that dosen't involve a rehash of the past, Kirk or Spock et al at the Academy, etc.

Perhaps we can submit some of our more memorable adventures as a script for the new series (e.g. "How to Create a Space Anomaly Using Just a Phaser").

e-Bob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Knights Who Gamealot Forum Index » McIntyre's Lounge

Page 1 of 1